Author Topic: Type IIB deck  (Read 7811 times)

imodeller

Type IIB deck
« on: 25 Nov , 2010, 04:34 »
Hello everyone, I want to convert SN type IIA to type IIB, especially U-7 or U-9. I have some photos on U-7 deck, but they do not cover entire deck. I'm trying to put together a scheme for the whole deck. I assume that all boat of type IIB hadn't same deck layout, becuase pictures on the board near the front of the tower U-9 and  U-7 shown slightly different layout (some missing holes). I need photo on deck behind steel plating on bow and stern and length of this steel sections. What is the width and length of one hole in the deck and width of the plank of which the deck is made? And I'm looking for some deck scheme of some existing for the type IIB and also C and D.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb , 2011, 02:30 by imodeller »

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
Re: Type IIB deck layout
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov , 2010, 00:40 »
Welcome to the board imodeller.  Have you looked at uboat.net, they often have alot of very good information.  I will post a few other sites for you to look at in a bit, have some work to do right now.

Cheers,
Ernest

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #2 on: 04 Dec , 2010, 00:42 »
Definitely uboat.net, but some side-related (semi!) info might be useful too - http://www.vesikko.fi/

There is also this, which you may already have seen: http://www.centroeu.com/uboote/pictures.html
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

imodeller

« Reply #3 on: 04 Dec , 2010, 04:43 »
Almost done.

But there is one unclear place, the cover on bow in front of bollards.

In this picture I'm not sure if it is there.

On this picture from U-bootwaffe part 1 labeled only as U-boot type II is this cover missing.
Are this boats type IIB?

imodeller

Re: Type IIB deck
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb , 2011, 02:46 »
When I bought type IIB kit in 1/144 scale from ICM in december I decided to rescale my design to this scale first.
Here is the result of my effort.

Test of design allignment on kit

First PE

PE decks on kit

All comments are welcome.

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb , 2011, 03:21 »
Did you produce the PE yourself?
If thats the case- well done.

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb , 2011, 12:50 »
Hello,

Impressive work with the PE sheet. I love the details, especially the eagle and the U 9 Iron Cross. I see you have corrected the bow cutter to the 8 jagged edges, as per the real boats.

AMP are in the process of designing a PE set for the ICM IIB; this set will include very similar parts to your PE sheet and a deck. Can I ask if you are intending to sell your sheet or is this for your own model only? If you are intending to sell then this would have an impact on our potential sales.

Well done on the sheet,

Cheers,

Dougie

imodeller

« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb , 2011, 09:53 »
Hello Dougie,
thank you for the compliment.
I'm considering a potencial sale of this PE set.
I'm sorry if this would have an impact on your sales.
Cheers

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 20 Feb , 2011, 08:59 »
Hi imodeller,

We've cancelled our Type IIB set. The market is limited for this kit and certainly not big enough for two sets. Good luck with selling it, it looks a good. White Ensign aren't going to do a set for this kit as I've already asked them about it.

Are you intending to do any set for the 144th Revell VIIC and VIIC/41s? I would be grateful if you could let us know this. We are going to hold off starting designing for these sets until we can confirm that others aren't undertaking the same projects.

Cheers,

Dougie 

imodeller

« Reply #9 on: 20 Feb , 2011, 13:28 »
Hello,
I do not intend to do any sets for type VII in 1/144 scale.
Cheers

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 21 Feb , 2011, 13:21 »
Hi Jiri,

Thanks for that, we can start work on our VIIC and VIIC/41 set now. Let us know when your set will be available as a few forum members will be looking out for it.

Cheers,

Dougie

jeroenpeters

« Reply #11 on: 09 Apr , 2011, 12:47 »
Hi all,

My name is Jeroen Peters and I'm new to this forum.
I'm building the 1/32 Andrea conning tower over on Large Scale Planes:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=33372&pid=315856&st=120&#entry315856

I'd love to build the ICM 1/144 type II in my stash, but won't start if there's a PE upgrade on the horizon.
Right now it seems AMP started one, someone else did too, AMP quit and someone else did too?
Can anyone clarify the situation / status??

Cheers,
Jeroen

imodeller

« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr , 2011, 23:02 »
Hi Jeroen,

do not worry, this set is very close to release. When it will be available I will inform you.

Cheers