Author Topic: German Torpedo Color?  (Read 61705 times)

Offline Natter

• Lt Cdr
Re: German Torpedo Color?
« Reply #240 on: 24 Apr , 2018, 05:11 »
Do the postions look ok (Yellow = Lut and Red = Fat)?
Hmm... no, but I need to check it properly. I have access to fat-torpedoes, so I can make an exact measurement, and I can probably make an accurate location of the Lut-panel by measurung my Lut-gyroscope (I'm not sure when I get an opportunity, but I'll try to remember it the next time I get out to the torpedobattery).

Offline Natter

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #241 on: 26 Apr , 2018, 06:22 »
Here is an updated list of german torpedoes with various operational status in WWII. It's still not 100%, but improved a lot since my first attempt...

Offline Natter

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #242 on: 29 May , 2018, 14:33 »
Quote from: Natter
Quote from: NZSnowman
Do the postions look ok (Yellow = Lut and Red = Fat)?
Hmm... no, but I need to check it properly. I have access to fat-torpedoes, so I can make an exact measurement, and I can probably make an accurate location of the Lut-panel by measurung my Lut-gyroscope (I'm not sure when I get an opportunity, but I'll try to remember it the next time I get out to the torpedobattery).
Here are some measurments regarding the position of the FAT/LUT-panels. Unfortunately, I have only had access to a FAT-torpedo and a LUT I gyroscope at the time being, and I haven't been able to dig up good photos of the LUT-panel on a torpedo...
I hope you find these helpful though, and perhaps you can extrapolate other measurements if needed.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #243 on: 30 May , 2018, 14:11 »
Thanks  :)