Author Topic: Okay, another question.  (Read 2660 times)

Offline aptivaboy

• Lieutenant
Okay, another question.
« on: 04 Aug , 2010, 21:10 »
I'm redoing the bow buoyancy floods. The little row of circular holes below the main floods are what I'm having trouble with. My plans indicate that on EB/Man. boats, they were 3 1/2 inch diameter holes. Okay, no worries there, but how many inches below the main floods were they? My plans don't show that dimension. Right now, I'm sort of guestimating at about 3 to 4 inches. any help?

Thanks!

Robert

Offline aptivaboy

• Lieutenant
Re: Okay, another question.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Aug , 2010, 08:22 »
Here's what I have so far. These appear correct as per Hardhead's plans. However, photos show some variation in the spacing of the small circular holes, especially on the port side, where one hole almost goes through a frame! I think the builders deviated from the plans to make the circular holes' spacings more consistent. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I just found an error. delete one floodhole!

Offline aptivaboy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug , 2010, 08:49 »
Corrected Part. What do all think? Suggestions for improvement? Glaring errors?

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #3 on: 06 Aug , 2010, 02:27 »
Looks good.

I'm now sure if it will help, but have a look in the Library and see what you think of the info/images in the bow floods article.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline aptivaboy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 06 Aug , 2010, 10:31 »
I have, and I think that they look great. They make things so clear that anyone with a minimal ability in CAD and the right dimensions can easily make their own. The only thing I would change is that the EB/Man. boats did have different patterns up front concerning the little circular drain holes underneath the big ones. For example, Guardfish had fewer holes, while Paddle had more running nearly all the way  back to the anchor pocket frame. Cod was somewhere in the middle. Then, there's the Hardhead variation that I was working on. It looks like even stodgy old EB deviated or made alterations from the plans.   

Okay, time to work on a proper rudder!