Author Topic: New categories  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
New categories
« on: 09 Jan , 2010, 17:56 »
We've added a few categories to expand everyone's choices.

We've tried to balance choice, quick access, and screen real estate.

We welcome suggestions, and as passions grow for subjects, requests for moderators.

Please start posting to the new boards, and enjoy.
« Last Edit: 10 Jan , 2010, 04:25 by rokket »
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
Re: New categories
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 02:44 »
Great idea and nice design Wink!  I think most of us here build other models in addition to our love of uboats/fleet boats, so this is a neat expansion that allows us to show and discuss other areas.  I mostly build WWI/WWII aircraft and occasionally a WWII ground subject.

Ernest 

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 04:09 »
Thanks Ernest. I think (and from the posts others do too) that there's a lot of potential for fu and good stuff here. It looks like you'll be "wowing" us all with other projects.

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 07:57 »
My first reaction was "Where did all the Gato post's go" but it was just a short click away. Great addition to the sight. Does this mean AMP will be developing PE and things for other types of builds? Also if you need anyone to help as a moderator, I'll throw my hat in... I like Gato's, WWII navy, and WWII U.S. aircraft.

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 09:18 »
Hi Wildspear,

Thanks on volunteering for moderating, Wink will be in touch. AMP may develop PE for other stuff in due course. Our philosophy has always been to support modellers by providing parts that other companies haven't covered. But another of our goals is to freely share information that modellers need in order to build their models. That is why we have the downloadable articles and the forum.

Our main focus is on WWII subs - primarily U-boats and Gatos. But our forum members are not just interested in these subjects alone. We've all built other models, whether they are aircraft, surface ship or armour. So the new forum sections will allow our members to discuss other areas of interest.

For example, I'd love to see pics of Airfix's new 1/24th Mosquito. Or Tamiya's new 1/32nd Spitfire Mk.IX (which is currently on my workbench!).

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 10:02 »
well just from reading the articles you have on site and other builders, my next Sub project will be a U-boat (1/72 of course....old eyes). And keep us posted on the up coming gato PE...can't wait.

Mike K

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 16:33 »
Well done, Wink! Unlike Fine Scale Modeler and SubCommittee the changes are all for the better, making the site more user friendly.
I LIKE IT !!!!!

Mike K.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 23:28 »
Thanks Mike, we always appreciate your kindness, willingness to help, and of course experience.