Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 397 times)

Offline Harpo

• Bubblehead
  • Midshipman Cadet
  • Punching holes in the ocean
Introduction
« on: 07 Jun , 2019, 22:12 »
It's customary on many forums to introduce oneself before posting, so I go by Harpo. I am primarily interested in the 7 and 23 boats and I thirst for information on either. I am former submariner, boomer sailor. I absolutely love the 7. I have the Revelle 7C/41 and Amati 7B in 1/72 as well as the Revelle 9 in 1/72. I have the Bronco 23 in 1/35 and the Seehund in that scale as well. I have been carving on the Amati hull for centuries and it's a long-term project, to say the least.

I'll have a lot of questions; hope I don't annoy you folks with them. I promise to do a search before I start asking. Thank you.
Harpo Marx

Offline Raymic1

• Lt Cdr
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun , 2019, 01:30 »
Welcome.
Im building the Trump 1/48 Type 7.

Mr Tore in the above forums is in his 90's and is an ex Engineer aboard U559 post war with the Norwegian Navy.
His forum and any new questions he has a huge amount of knowledge.
Unlike instant response from Facebook forums , answers here sometimes take a few days but are worth it.
Cheers

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun , 2019, 02:15 »
Hi Raymic, Harpo and the rest of you guys.
Belonging to a generation using paper and pencil I am not so conversant with the many communication alternatives in this Forum, hence I was adviced to created my own thread named "Tores mailbox VIIC and VIIC/41 operation and technical details." The idea is that you put forward your questions in this thread which I check almost daily and might be able to give a reply within a day or three. So just post your questions accordingly and I shall try to answer your as quick as possible.
Tore   

Offline Katuna

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jun , 2019, 07:46 »

Harpo - Welcome! I'm fairly new to this forum myself but I must say it is by far the most helpful site I've been on. All your questions will be answered. Tore is a fount of information down to the tiniest detail. Others like myself have done countless hours of research for their own particular builds and we are all more than willing to share that information. For me personally, I think I enjoy the research as much or more than the build. In my defense, I'm building the Trumpeter 1/48 Type VII so sometimes it's easier to research the boat than it is to build it.

Welcome on board! Happy building!
Modeling U-371 on 16.10.43 at 1800 off of the Algerian coast in CJ7722.