Author Topic: Heller 1/72 Focke Wulf Fw 56 Stösser Advanced Trainer  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
 Greetings!
 Another vintage kit, this time the 1/72 Focke Wulf FW56 Luftwaffe advanced trainer from Heller.   Mostly straight from the box with just a few minor additions.  Decals from the AirModel kit.   Markings and paint scheme are for "Yellow 27" of Jagdfliegerschule 101, Zerbst for 1943.   Many thanks for having a look, your questions and comments are most welcome.

Bill

« Last Edit: 20 Apr , 2018, 09:47 by Mr. Bill »

Offline falo

• Admiral
Re: Heller 1/72 Focke Wulf Fw 56 Stösser Advanced Trainer
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan , 2018, 04:10 »
Hi Bill,

thanks for sharing. IMO the old Heller kits have a peculiar charm. Are the speedometer, the altimeter and so forth part of the heller decal sheet?

Regards
falo

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan , 2018, 21:31 »
Hello Falo,

Many thanks for having a look at the photos.  The instrument decals came from the spares bin and had to be trimmed to fit.  The decals provided with the kit did not have any instruments.  I enjoyed building this kit - it is an unusual subject and was a simple build.  The engine top cowl needed some work to fit flush with the rest of the fuselage.  Fitting the wing and struts required a simple jig to get things straight and aligned properly.  Everything else went together with no problems and the paint scheme was easy.  Many of the old Heller kits are really very nice.

Cheers,
Bill

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan , 2018, 22:07 »
Instruments look great, whole kit does. I like the photography too, especially the flipped over to see the underside. I know nothing about this plane.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz