General Modeling > TIPS

Attaching Small PE Parts

(1/3) > >>

Greif:
I use a tiny piece of blue tac on a flat toothpick to attach very small PE parts.  Pickup the PE part, apply cyno, place the part and wait a few seconds.  Once the cyno bonds you can remove the toothpick from the part. 

Ernest

Rokket:
Nice tip - you don't prefer the "glue your fingers together and stick to the model, all while losing the part" method?  ;D

Mike K:
Thanks, Greif. I've been using rokket's method for years. The only other method, I knew, was to use tweezers.
1)Pick up part with tweezers.
2)Place small drop of cyno on part.
3)Press part to model and let set.
4)Pry tweezers from model.
5)Discover part had dropped from tweezers and is now firmly attached to , work bench, model box, note paper, directions, ship's drawings, etc.
Very similar to fingers method, but with out the bleeding.
Your idea sound much more promising.
Mike K.

Greif:
Hi Mike, I used your technique until a more experienced modeller pointed the blue tack trick out to me several years ago.  Glad I can help others by passing on knowledge.

Ernest

--- Quote from: Mike K on 31 Jan , 2010, 08:27 ---Thanks, Greif. I've been using rokket's method for years. The only other method, I knew, was to use tweezers.
1)Pick up part with tweezers.
2)Place small drop of cyno on part.
3)Press part to model and let set.
4)Pry tweezers from model.
5)Discover part had dropped from tweezers and is now firmly attached to , work bench, model box, note paper, directions, ship's drawings, etc.
Very similar to fingers method, but with out the bleeding.
Your idea sound much more promising.
Mike K.

--- End quote ---

Rokket:
Hi Mike!

Ya, the younger guys can use their fancy-schmancy stuff, but we know how to glue parts to not just models!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version