Author Topic: Airbus A380 Revell 1/144  (Read 5208 times)

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
Airbus A380 Revell 1/144
« on: 16 May , 2010, 16:35 »
Commision build OOB as gift for young aviation enthusiast.
Painted using Halfords Mercedes Brilliant White, and Gloss Laquer from the same brand.
Decals- surprisingly- very nice, and with little help of Microscale fluids were laid without the hitch.
The only exception being the tail section, where due to difficult shape of the aircraft i painted blue stripe, and used parts of the decals over the top.
It was ordered as new aircraft, so i didnt weather it at all.

...and new owner- the smile was worth all the effort.

Hope you like.
 ;)

TRM

Re: Airbus A380 Revell 1/144
« Reply #1 on: 16 May , 2010, 17:57 »
Superb Build!  The young enthusiast seems to definitely approve. Side Note: Sometimes things run in "trends".  I just finished work on a project the other day for EADS, a company in Australia that make the Air Bus.  Working on keeping their building intact during a Cyclone.

As always, Excellent work!

Cheers!

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: 16 May , 2010, 23:48 »
Very Nice!  Let's hope the new owner develops a taste for scale modeling!

Bill

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #3 on: 17 May , 2010, 12:47 »
TRM, BILL- thanks guys. :)

Funny thing is, when i gave him the moel, he pointed out all the differences between the model, and the real thing!
Sometimes i underestimate the young peoples knowledge.
The little fins on the end of the wings should be painted blue, and red only, but i added the white stripe- i thought it looks better that way, and Michael (ladds name) spoted that straight away. ;D
Also the large A380 decal on the tail- it should be horrizontal, the blue stripe on the tail- he said it should`nt norrow towars the belly- and guess what- he was right. :D

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #4 on: 22 May , 2010, 17:57 »
Nice job, very spiffy looking display piece. he does seem happy, and it's great that he pays attention. With some guidance from you, he will be off building his own one day!

I worry about the real Airbus - ANY total fly-by-wire aircraft. I LOVE technology, but at least with hydraulics there are mechanical backups. Not much backup for a dead computer and little servos. It would be nice to have a mechanical/physical connection to the control surfaces!

I remember watching airport 75, where Chuck Heston has to use a jet helicopter and be lowered through a hole in the smashed 747 cockpit, and helps Karen Black land the plane. Very intense and dramatic. Nowadays, if there isn't to much damage and you're just missing a flight crew, you can have the autopilot land at major airports!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz