Author Topic: Tores mailbox VIIC and VIIC/41 operation and technical details  (Read 576593 times)

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
Re: Tores mailbox VIIC and VIIC/41 operation and technical details
« Reply #1170 on: 11 Feb , 2013, 16:08 »
Simon....
I learned much about blowing stuff up in S.korea... and blew up snow there.. It was winter there... and I admit I focused on hardware that N. Korea was using.... then I was sent to the Iraqi venue.. I am sure you would like Det Courd... orange line...with an electric explosive cap...
we sent snow to the bottom of he casm where we needed it. We sent metal to the heavens when we needed to. As a Marine, focused on my nation's goals... I did my work...

We have orange Det Cord (about 8 g/m) on the hill. I do not used it too much, mostly to link big ANFO charges together.

We are not allow to use electric explosive cap.

TopherVIIC

« Reply #1171 on: 11 Feb , 2013, 16:16 »
low shock/thermic value... resonating in hard rock... it would shake the rocks... the snow would come down

TopherVIIC

« Reply #1172 on: 11 Feb , 2013, 16:23 »
Simon. I have used orange det courd for many purposes. I have blown up simple telephone poles with it. I have wrapped it around the turret races of supposedly high-end tanks and popped them off. I have cut engine blocks in two, have severed axles and wheels, and have cut tank barrels from their casting mounts.I have sent too many pine too their graves...

TopherVIIC

« Reply #1173 on: 11 Feb , 2013, 16:31 »
I do not do that now.

TopherVIIC

« Reply #1174 on: 11 Feb , 2013, 18:24 »
sorry Simon. I did not mean to sound like I was going off on you.  I am sorry.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #1175 on: 12 Feb , 2013, 11:20 »
Hi Tore

Here a small detail added, yesterday I found a better picture of the top of the rocker arm.

Fig. 1. Updated drawing (left), Old drawing (right).

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #1176 on: 12 Feb , 2013, 12:17 »
Simon
You are really going into the really tiny stuff, may I at this point reintroduce the adjusting nut locking string and the valverod shaft spring locking ring. I mean you have been inquiring about the lockingplates ;D . I guess it is the small details which makes it.
Tore

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #1177 on: 12 Feb , 2013, 13:50 »
Tore, what do you think the missing label on U-995 looks like? You can see it on U-570. Would be cool to add this detail.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #1178 on: 12 Feb , 2013, 13:53 »
Simon
You are really going into the really tiny stuff, may I at this point reintroduce the adjusting nut locking string and the valverod shaft spring locking ring. I mean you have been inquiring about the lockingplates ;D . I guess it is the small details which makes it.
Tore

Thanks Tore.

I have the spring locking rings on the fuel rod shaft, but I have miss them on valve rod, will update my drawing.

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #1179 on: 12 Feb , 2013, 14:46 »
Simon
Apart from it looks like being a bit shorter and higher, I guess the text would be the same so why not fit it.
Tore 

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #1180 on: 12 Feb , 2013, 15:24 »
Tore, sorry I am not talking about the long narrow label.

I believe it will be the serial plate, like the electric motor drawing.

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #1181 on: 12 Feb , 2013, 23:56 »
Simon
I got it. I have tried to read the text on the upper nameplate, but in vain. There are four lines of text, first and third a bit longer that the other. It does not look like a serial nameplate, more like an instruction, hard to say. I suggest you include both. May be you have means to decipher the text.
Tore

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #1182 on: 13 Feb , 2013, 00:10 »
Simon
I got it. I have tried to read the text on the upper nameplate, but in vain. There are four lines of text, first and third a bit longer that the other. It does not look like a serial nameplate, more like an instruction, hard to say. I suggest you include both. May be you have means to decipher the text.
Tore

Tore, you are correct. It looks more like instructions label.

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #1183 on: 13 Feb , 2013, 00:15 »
Instructionplates,paintmarkings and interlocks in the engineroom.
I have very often been puzzled by the effort the germans put in instructionplates, paintmarkings and the interlocks on the machinery and pipings in the engineroom.
In those days such extensive markings was not common, as only qualified crew were operating the equipment. Having read a few article on the subject I realize it was hard for the germans to find and educate sufficient qualified crew for the rapid expanding submarine fleet and hence introduced the comprehensive interlocks and excessive markings to prevent major disaster. The extensive use of interlocks on the reversing mechanism is a typical example to the above.
In our days improved marking seems to have picked up.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #1184 on: 13 Feb , 2013, 07:19 »
Simon
The the rod for the shutting of normal aspirated air inlets and switching in the Roots blower start up front as previously shown, and continue along the engine rotating the two inletslides and then to the aft end of the blower where it crosses inwards to the doublecone clutch. I have tried to indicate this on the drawing below.
Tore