Author Topic: Germaniawerft Engine Clutch Info  (Read 466 times)

Offline Katuna

• Lt Cdr
Germaniawerft Engine Clutch Info
« on: 26 Jun , 2019, 07:59 »
Inspired by Filippo's posts of his friend David's amazing build, I researched the clutch arm mechanism as it's another glaring omission on the trumpeter kit. With the help of Tore and Don Prince, I was able to get the basic idea of how it all goes together. Don had posted a photo that came from U-Historia. I downloaded all of the info located there for the clutch (which there was quite a bit) and translated the text. I thought there might be others that may want to add this detail so here is the .pdf I put together.

Don - If there's anything that needs to be added or changed please let me know. The Google Translate app has a hard time sometimes even when text is well formatted.
Modeling U-371 on 16.10.43 at 1800 off of the Algerian coast in CJ7722.

Offline Raymic1

• Lt Cdr
Re: Germaniawerft Engine Clutch Info
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun , 2019, 15:06 »
Awesome thanks Katuna.

I too have studied this info on U-Historia and translated the pages.

But you have put it all into a very convenient PDF for us all to refer to so thanks. :)

I am building a Clutch mech as we speak and from my earlier picture I was replicating the Clutch safety sheet metal cover Item 8

PS One thing I'm curious though, is the Engine room Clutch operated from the E Room Levers as there is the big Red Wheel on the Engine that I thought disconnected the Clutch?
Mr Tore?
thanks
« Last Edit: 26 Jun , 2019, 15:29 by Raymic1 »

Offline Katuna

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun , 2019, 15:34 »

If I'm correct, there is a diesel engine clutch and an E-motor clutch.

I think I may put up some more pdf files. Not sure if I need their permission. Not sure how! I don't speak Spanish so it's a bit tough. They have added more info since I was there last.

Offline Katuna

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun , 2019, 15:43 »
Here you go. Just a quick pick with arrows pointing to the 2 clutches.