Author Topic: U-94 Revell Type VIIC 1/144 WIP  (Read 6609 times)

bracco_n

Re: U-94 Revell Type VIIC 1/144 WIP
« Reply #15 on: 04 Nov , 2015, 12:53 »
Hello everybody!

Sadly, I won't be taking the boat, too much ocasions for it to get damaged as I intend to work, live and travel Australia and New Zealand, and also a trip to Thailand/Vietnam. U94 will have to wait until I get back as I'm leaving next monday!

Could any of you produce some period photos showing what would be visible looking down from the opened deck plates leading to the torpedo loading hatch?

I still owe you the in-progress pictures!

Best regards,

Nicolás

bracco_n

« Reply #16 on: 05 Nov , 2015, 13:44 »
Some pictures!

I'm not sure if the oil canning is quite visible but it came out quite subtle and I really like it. That took quite a long time as I had to sand it down, prime it to check the result, do some sanding, prime again...

Now on to the very crude P-hull and ribs. For my it is quite hard to go into some detail with this parts and very little will be visible through the flood holes. The piping is still to be done and the area around the torpedo loading hatch once I get some idea of how it should look. I'll try to go into finer detail there as it'll be visible through the open deck plates.

Finally, the deck. I had to sand down the underside to open each hole. This was quite a scary operation as the parts end up being very thin and fragile. That's why I plan to reinforce them with some wire bars on the underside.

That's all for now, I guess the boat will remain as it is until I come back from my travels in June next year!

Cheers,

Nicolás

Offline OldNoob

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: 05 Nov , 2015, 16:30 »
Beautiful worK bracco_n! 
Porting that  deck must have been mind numbing  ;) :D
1:144 is really a smarter scale for these for these boats. There's just more kits and mods available in that scale and there is the space factor to consider as well.
i should of started out with that scale instead of 1:72
« Last Edit: 05 Nov , 2015, 16:32 by OldNoob »

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: 06 Nov , 2015, 12:47 »
Nicolas: an impressive work, especially opening-up all the deck slots, must have been time consuming and requiring the right amount of attention; the oil canning looks awesome, subtle as it should be. Great work with the deck superdetailing too. Well, i'll be waiting until the next update in less than a year.
In the meanwhile: BON VOYAGE!!! ;)

bracco_n

« Reply #19 on: 07 Nov , 2015, 15:12 »
Thank you Oldnoob and SG for the nice comments! I'm glad you liked my work.

U94 is now stowed away next to it's bigger brother U1023 until I come back next year.

Til next time!

Nicolás