AIR > LUFTWAFFE

Bf110G4

(1/3) > >>

Greif:
Hi all, my first build for this modelling season is Eduard's Bf110G4.  This is the Profipack boxing of the kit which comes with a lot of detail.  The only aftermarket item I bought is the SN-2 Antenna array by ModelMasters.  I am fairly advanced in the build which is turning out to be something of a bear.  Unlike all other Eduard kits I have built there is a lot of flash on several of the parts; the wing tips of both wings were also badly warped.  I must have gotten a kit that went through the moulds on a Monday after a long weekend. :D

All problems to be overcome as they say; and overcome they were!  Though it remains to be seen how well a smoothed the copious amounts of putty into the kit when I apply the primer coat later this week.  All in all a build that is making me concentrate and giving my sanding and puttying skills a work out.

Enjoy the pictures, (There are only a few at this point)
Ernest

Rokket:
wow, looking really nice, the trouble doesn't show!

Greif:
Thanks Wink!  I have completed the major construction and most of the sub-assemblies.  The following pictures show the model painted and given a gloss coat in preperation for decaling.

Ernest 

Greif:
Hi guys,
I have completed decaling my 110, and adding the wash to the panel lines.  I wanted a subtle effect so I opted for a brown wash rather then a darker color.  I took the photos while the wash was drying, so I still have to touch up the wash a bit.  The close up of the tail fin displays my attempt to simulate the historic paint job of this particulair aircraft which had its upper surfaces painted in RLM75 then overpainted with RLM76 leaving a blotched appearance.  It did not come off as well as I had hoped, but it is functional.

Enjoy the pictures!
Ernest

Rokket:
Very nice work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version