AIR > LUFTWAFFE

1/32 Scale RoG Ju88 A-1 Build Log

<< < (2/4) > >>

Greif:

--- Quote from: Greif on 26 Jan , 2014, 12:07 ---This series of photos shows the weathering of the left console, and the many tiny PE levers and instruments.  These were a bit nerve racking to fit in place, but they really look good when complete.  The actual Ju88's had a curtain that covered the lower front part of the console and I have replicated it by a base brown paint followed by washes and highlights to give it depth.  The wheels are Eduard's Brassin resin AM and replace the kit wheels which are the wrong type being for the A4 and later versions.  They have been painted, I use Tamiya NATO Black for tires, with the hubs being painted black; and future has been applied.  Weathering will follow.  The seats got the excellent HGW seatbelts.  These are real gems being made out of a type of cloth with PE fasteners and tighteners; I spent two nights assembling them and the effect was worth the work.  Finally, the unpainted gondola received a lot of scratch building.  In fact everything you see was scratched from evergreen strip, putty and very, very thin tissue as the kit provided nothing for this area.  I still need to clean it up to make it look better and paint it. 

Ernest 

--- End quote ---

Rokket:
Beautiful stf, and those seatbelts siiing! Schweeeet. Love the painting so far.

Greif:
Thanks Wink, this is a pretty involved build.
Ernest

--- Quote from: Rokket on 26 Jan , 2014, 16:40 ---Beautiful stf, and those seatbelts siiing! Schweeeet. Love the painting so far.

--- End quote ---

SG:
Ernest, excellent progress so far. Main instrument panel and lateral consoles are just great. Right amount of weathering. A question: are you going to tone down the leather parts? did they look so bright in reality? 
looking forward to see new posts, keep up the excellent work!
PS:You can't resist AMS.. the force's too strong joung Jedi! ;D

Greif:
Hi SG, thanks for comments.  I do plan to tone done the leather look.  I have some new weathering agents from True Earth that I am itching to use and one or two of them should work very well at making the leather look more worn.

Cheers,
Ernest

--- Quote from: SG on 27 Jan , 2014, 06:46 ---Ernest, excellent progress so far. Main instrument panel and lateral consoles are just great. Right amount of weathering. A question: are you going to tone down the leather parts? did they look so bright in reality? 
looking forward to see new posts, keep up the excellent work!
PS:You can't resist AMS.. the force's too strong joung Jedi! ;D

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version