Author Topic: Trumpeter 1/48 U-552  (Read 22377 times)

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
Re: Trumpeter 1/48 U-552
« Reply #60 on: 17 Dec , 2017, 07:18 »
Hi David, I like very much the precision of your work: is there an internet site where you posted a building report of your model ? I’d like very much to get inspiration from your work....
Thanks in advance.
Filippo

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #61 on: 17 Dec , 2017, 08:38 »
Another question: where did you find the rivets pattern of the junctions between the rudders and hydroplane guards elements?

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #62 on: 19 Dec , 2017, 03:41 »
Made by scratch the upper fairing outside the torpedo muzzle door, incredibly absent in the model ( I utilized a spare part from the same Trumpeter kit ).
About the drainage holes next to the same fairing, I decided to cut out the plastic and remake them from plasticard....
Cheers

Offline David83

• Lieutenant (jg)
« Reply #63 on: 20 Dec , 2017, 12:54 »
Another question: where did you find the rivets pattern of the junctions between the rudders and hydroplane guards elements?

My rivet pattern are a mix of pictures from books and pictures from U995 .
its very difficult to get a kind of pattern since nearly ever boot looks different in shape .

br David

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #64 on: 20 Dec , 2017, 14:27 »
Ok, I’ll copy your pattern....

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #65 on: 20 Dec , 2017, 23:44 »
Hi David,
thanks for reply.
Until I finish the work on the hull, I can't start with the interiors, without risk of damaging themselves.
The first zone of my intererst is the structure of stern ( see posted drawing: red rectangle ), outside the pressure hull; I'll realize a model with almost all a side open, and so all the interiors ( with interiors I intend inside the pressure hull ) and structure ( with structure I intend outside the pressure hull ) will be visible.
I have the David Westwood book and some ( few ) other drawing I found in internet; now my maximum interest zone is the stern structure, outside the pressure hull: I have to understand the arrangement of the structure elements ( for examples the stringers ) to reproduce it.
- what is the dashed line ( blue circle ) ?
- how is it made the torpedo tube support bracket ( green circle ) ?
- are correct the shapes of aft buoyancy tank and main ballast tank n. 1 in posted drawing ?
Better I understand the complexity of strucrtture, and better I can reproduce it....
Any help is welcome...
I post some drawings I already have ( except the Westwood's ones: I have the book )......
Thanks in advance.
Filippo

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #66 on: 20 Dec , 2017, 23:47 »
Sorry, this is the drawing of tanks I referred on....

Offline David83

• Lieutenant (jg)
« Reply #67 on: 21 Dec , 2017, 01:20 »
Dear Fillipo

ist very difficult to explain in a few words ,there where some compartment which where water tight and some others are not .
the part with the blue outerline are the diving tank 1 so it should be a watertight compartment .

the best think´g what you can do us the 3d scetches from NZ Snowmann here to get a idear how this was build .
since i have not build this in my Sub because ist not visible i can not help much about this structure .

br David

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #68 on: 21 Dec , 2017, 05:06 »
Hi David,
you speak od 3D schetches from NZ Snowman: where I found them ?

Offline David83

• Lieutenant (jg)
« Reply #69 on: 22 Dec , 2017, 09:17 »
Dear Filippo

http://amp.rokket.biz/lib_uboats.shtml

Scoll down you get what you need   ;D

br David

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #70 on: 27 Dec , 2017, 02:40 »
Working on stern section of hull....

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #71 on: 29 Dec , 2017, 05:42 »
Works on propellers, in Trumpeter's model inexplicably enriched with strange engravings....
Also created the aft pressure hull cap, from 4 disks of thick styrene...
Cheers....

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #72 on: 31 Dec , 2017, 08:20 »
Hi eveybody, I really need help for understand, and so reproduce, the conplexity of the aft stern structure, outside the pressure hull; only with materials I have, I can’t start the superdetailing of this zone of boat: any help is welcome...
Thanks and best wishes of good 2018...

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #73 on: 06 Jan , 2018, 07:08 »
Waiting for some help, I continue the work of superdetailing of various items, without a building order.
The piston of the aft torpedo tube ( in the posted photo the cap provided by the kit and my one );the doubling of support electric motors ribs with 1 mm. plasticard.
In a short time I'll made by scratch the auxiliary engine for compressed air, totally wrong in kit ( see posted photos: the kit's one and the real thing ) and the aft bulkead trim tank ( see posted photos: the kit's one and the real thing )...
[/size]I hope in some drawings of aft stern structure outside the pressure hull, temporarily suspended....
[/size]Cheers
[/size]

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #74 on: 08 Jan , 2018, 08:39 »
Auxiliary compressed air engine: work in progress....in the posted photos the item that comes with the kit, the real thing and my one, also incomplete....
Cheers