Author Topic: Photo Gallery  (Read 4995 times)

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
Photo Gallery
« on: 23 Feb , 2009, 10:49 »
Just tossing this one up in the air. I see in the gallery that there are special areas for certain u-boats. I could post a few photos of "Gato's" but I don't want them lost in the research section. Could you make a Gato section? This would help the members (like me) that can't identify subs by looking at them  :)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Photo Gallery
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb , 2009, 16:38 »
New section added - and sorry to confuse, Wild, but it is also for Balao, Tench and Guppy! The Tench and Guppy will be the most noticable in diference.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb , 2009, 19:40 »
TY! Rokket,hey are all those fires out down there? I hope it didn't come to close to you and yours.

Mike K

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb , 2009, 09:40 »
Waytago, Rokket! I'll go get some pics ready to post.

DBF,
Mike K.

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb , 2009, 10:37 »
I actually posted a pic.......

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb , 2009, 11:23 »
Great pic...Always good to have a few extra hands around in the boat yard.....The plate steel can weight a lot and it great to have the extra hands around while wielding the ribbing in to postion ;D....Are they the Chief Petty Officer and the Junior Officer ;)

Mike K

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb , 2009, 12:25 »
 Obviously a Chief and an Ensign. But they can't be counted as extra hands. Chiefs and officers don't work, they supervise :D

DBF,
Mike K.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb , 2009, 21:15 »
Like the roadworks guys..there's always a guy staring into the hole going "yup, that's a hole" and then there's Cell Phone Guy and Coffee Guy...(apologies to any roadworks/council workers who are on the ball).

Thanks for the concern about the fires, personally am OK, about 8-10 hr drive by car to border of that state, but it has impacted the whole country, especially the fact that at least some were 'arson" (deliberately lit is more descriptive). I think of arson as Knuckles and Ice Pick torching a warehouse for insurance, but starting a bushfire that kills 200 people "psycho." Ohhh, I'm off topic, am reporting myself to Dougie.

Great idea on the other category, and if everyone thinks it is useful, the categories CAN be split to balao and Tench, but that might be counterproductive with crossover.

Mike K

« Reply #8 on: 01 Mar , 2009, 09:57 »
  You're 100% right on seperate Balao & Tench boards. The two classes shared a lot in common. Many of my drawings list both Balao and Tench boats as applicable.
   Some late Balaos had Tench Flood layouts and some early Tench boats had late Balao layouts. It depended on what yard built them.
   In fact, there are some design features that are shared by all three classes. That's why it's possible, to use the Gato model, to build, almost, any boat you want. There's a lot of crossover between the three classes.

Mike K.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: 02 Mar , 2009, 00:59 »
Thanks Mike, we'll keep it one board then.

vonbulowfla

« Reply #10 on: 20 Apr , 2009, 17:53 »
attempted to post some pics of my deck and it said my pictures wre to big i think they wre 1093 pics by 908 or something like that .can i somehow downsize them to post them . i am kind of new using this computer so any help will be welcome . i put them in with the pucassa program like siara told me to . :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr , 2009, 23:14 »
When you are happy with adjusting your pictures in Picasa, click this button:

...and here you can change the resolution of your picture to 800 before saving the shot to the destination on your computer i.e. desktop@

Hope it helps ;)

vonbulowfla

« Reply #12 on: 21 Apr , 2009, 05:50 »
good show ladd i am on it right now .( i hope)

vonbulowfla

« Reply #13 on: 21 Apr , 2009, 19:52 »
siara or anyone . what does the keyword section on the photo gallery do?

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #14 on: 21 Apr , 2009, 23:15 »
By adding keywords to pictures or almost any files, it can make searching quicker. If you have a picture of U-boat at dock let say. Keywords could be the type of u-boat, what it doing etc.. e.g.