SPACE > FICTION

1/260 ST:TMP Drydock Build (WIP)

(1/11) > >>

NemVia:
I hope WIPs are welcome here! The Drydock from Star Trek The Motion Picture is one of my all time favorite Miniatures. I've already built one in 1/350 scale about 6 years ago. Now I'm currently working on 2 larger scale version of the Dock in 1/260 scale to fit a DeBoers 3' Enterprise. I've started working these for a couple of different clients about a year and a half ago and I'm getting closer to finishing at least 1 of them off. Maybe in 3 or 4  months, I hope! So, if you like detailed models, I think I was able to out-do the 1/350 scale version by a landslide. It also helped that I was able to see the original filming miniature in person. The best way to see the updates are to visit my website. So, take a look and let me know what you think! I usually update at least once a month!
Take care,
Mark
http://www.NemVia.net

Rokket:
I'll be watching with great interest...it certainly is a cool miniature with lots of detail. Quite a project! I would love to see pix of the 1:350.

NemVia:

--- Quote from: Rokket on 01 Feb , 2015, 01:33 ---I'll be watching with great interest...it certainly is a cool miniature with lots of detail. Quite a project! I would love to see pix of the 1:350.

--- End quote ---
My Avatar is one of the pics of my 1/350 scale dock Here are a few more pics and there are even more on my website. You can find it on my home page side bar. Under 1/350 ST:TMP Drydock Part 1 and 2
Mark

Rokket:
WHAAAAAAAT???! I thought your av was a still from the movie LOL ...still think those other new pix are too...:D that is GREAT STUFF! I have seen ST drydocks before, but none like yours...wow. WOW!!!

Amazing. Keep us posted with lots of details!

NemVia:
March Updates:
For this month's update I was able to get a lot more wiring done for additional lighting effects. I have 25 new pics in this month update page. On the outsides of the dock there are 2 rails with lights on them that run the entire length of the dock. They are more accent lighting than anything, but they are there. I've also built 2 more rails with lights on them that run along the bottom sides of the dock. These are more visible in the movie. I have also started building the Mooring Tractor Beam emitters which steady the ship while it's inside the dock. There are 4 of these that are seen in the movie and they are located on the bottom of the dock as well. There are also a few more details that need to be built before I actually mount the ship inside the dock. These include 6 outside mini panels (For what they are used for I have no idea, but you can see a great shot of them when the Enterprise leaves Drydock and the little dude is seen doing flips as the ship goes by) and I will be starting some work on the work crane and work light assemblies. These will be far different from the ones I made for the 1/350 scale dock. I will be making a master mold for these crane pieces so I can save some building time. I will also start work on the Gangway docking platform as it needs a lot of detail work on that. This piece might have to be made into casting mold as well. She's starting to come together even more and I'm hoping this will wrap up in the next 3 or 4 months if there are no more delays. Keep checking for the latest updates and I'll see you again in a month.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version