SEA > BB

Some questions regarding Tamiya`s Bismarck

<< < (3/3)

Rokket:
Thanks Dan! It's interesting how something meaningless to the sailors has become a big point to those of us preserving history! Wonderful you have such a connection and are keeping it alive. (You don't have an actual boat tucked away somewhere, do you?)

dbauer:
Hi!
I feel it is important for us now more than ever to attempt to archve the memories of all WWII Veterans.  My Father has been a major source of info on some of the details about life on a U-Boat. His experiences are a value to us all. He is now 92. He will not be here forever. When he is gone, so goes more details we will loose on the Kriegsmarine and the U-Boat.

dbauer:
I may be wrong but I was told at one time that Tamiya's Bismarck is based more on the plans than on the actual ship. When that model came out, Bismarck had not been found yet.  However, Revell of Germany's Bismarck has some detail and measurements of the actual Ship after discovery. Is this correct?

Rokket:
Interesting. Don't now. I am a fan of using plans, but put more weight to the actual vessel. Ho many times (lots and lots!) have I found big differences between plans and the actual?! The same for what the manual says, and what actual sailors did. Hopefully someone knows the answer to the Revell question

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version