General Modeling > General Model Discussion

computer programs

(1/3) > >>

kurt:
What is the simplest program that will take scans or internet images of plans, etc. and allow them to be rescaled and printed in the correct scale?

Kurt

Rokket:
The human brain!

net images are usually 72 to 96 ppi (/dpi). A nice print level is at 300. So scaling can make them blobby, jaggy, and fuzzy.

I work in digital print. What sort of images? I can scale stuff for you.

kurt:
what I wanted to do is take a plan or drawing and size it correctly to 1/72 and print from my computer in that scale. Now I use my work computer and scale it using a proportional scale and ruler until I get it right.  I want to be able to make templates with them

Kurt

NZSnowman:
It a little harder to scale correctly with JPEG types of files, as I you need to know the DPI (Dots per inch) of the image and the DPI of the printing. You can found the image DPI in its properties and you can set the DPI of the printer. I believe you should be able to use any program to do this. However, if you the printing extend over the page edge you will next a program that can tile on numerous pages.

This is one of the reason why I put my drawings in to a PDF (Portable Document Format) format as Adobe Acrobat will auto scale the file for you.

Kurt, if you having problem let me know, and I maybe able to help you out in some way.

kurt:
I was hoping to find a simple program that didn't cost and arm and a leg. Acrobat Standard is about $130 US. I wonder if I should get an autocad program, 2D or 3D? Do you have an actual physical build going on or is it virtual? Any help at all would be appreciated for sure.

Kurt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version