Author Topic: New articles including Type IX modifications  (Read 27299 times)

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
New articles including Type IX modifications
« on: 03 Aug , 2022, 14:50 »
Hello everyone,

I have finally finished my Type IX U-Boat Modifications & Features article which is now available as a download at -
https://amp.rokket.biz/lib_uboats.shtml

My thanks to my contributors who assisted me in the past two years. This has been my most detailed article to date (127 pages) and way more involved that previously planned.

I have also updated my article "List Of U-Boat Modifications & Identification Features" which lists all the modifications I have studied in all the articles. It also has an expanded section discussing how to differentiate between the various U-boat types.

An old article from 2006 on U 47 modifications and colours is also now available as a download.

Another new addition is "Additional U-Boat Articles". It contained three old short articles from Wolf Pack collections but also two new short articles from 2022. One is a current list of U-boat kits and the other is "U-Boat Batches & Specifications". Both of these two short new articles are for a future The Wolf Pack III which will contain the seven articles since The Wolf Pack II. In total I have written 23 articles and all are now available on the AMP webpage.

I don't plan on writing any further articles. But I do plan on collecting all the information on modifications from the Type IIs, VIIs and IXs and consolidatingd them as one dedicated pdf so that modellers have them all in one file without having to search through various articles.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
Re: New articles including Type IX modifications
« Reply #1 on: 04 Aug , 2022, 02:10 »
 3x HURRAH for Dougie!
Finally! Congratulations on another brilliant achievement.  Most clever idea to consolidate all the articles as a big one. A GIGANTIC Thank you for all of your efforts spent researching on U-boots over the past years, personally I've been learning A LOT with your articles and am sure most of the forum members share my same feelings.
Wow there's gonna be much to read this summer, i'd better start!
Cheers,

a very grateful me
« Last Edit: 04 Aug , 2022, 07:56 by SG »

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Re: New articles including Type IX modifications
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug , 2022, 07:48 »
Hello all,

The Wolf Pack III: A Final Collection Of U-Boat Modelling Articles is now available for download at -
https://amp.rokket.biz/lib_uboats.shtml

The following articles are included -
  • U 47 Modifications & Colours
  • Type IX U-Boat Modifications
  • Askania, Side Cushions & Updated Type VII Vent Patterns
  • AMP Type VIIC Tower Floors
  • The Final Return: A U-Boat Diorama
  • U-Boat Batches & Specifications
  • U-Boat Kits (2022 version)
Cheers,

Dougie