Author Topic: Forward crew section VII / 3D model / 1/72  (Read 43405 times)

TopherVIIC

Re: Design the interior of the VII/c
« Reply #195 on: 02 Apr , 2012, 08:15 »
Tore
You do not know how happy you being here has made not only me - but all those you have chosen to interact with!
I cannot speak for everyone, nor would i wish too... but personally I wish every journey you make brings you into safe harbors. I hope there is little chop in the seas, and most of all, may you find good whiskey and ale to toast with!
Thank you Sir.
Christopher

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #196 on: 02 Apr , 2012, 09:00 »
I have to agree with Christopher here, you absolutely contribute to more accurate model, i would probably make the whole compartment wrong if you would not spoken :) . Unforturnately i have some limitations here, but i hope those wont affect the end result much.

well i have made individual pieces out of the assembly, and counted 38 parts, out of many will be even multiplied (example bunks,..) batteries are made as one piece per row, otherwise i would have around 40+ pieces solely of batteries :)

Tomorrow i will have to check the models for accuracy if there are no faulty joints, and if there will be any will have to heal them. Next will be then making layers (slices) of pieces, and then printing at last. Well first we will do an easy, low-profile part just to check the process, i guess we will make a wardrobe and toilet doors to check up the minimal printable thickness with loosing as few details as possible.

I really really hope that this will work.
« Last Edit: 02 Apr , 2012, 09:02 by Marko »

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #197 on: 05 Apr , 2012, 03:28 »
Don't know if this helps or hinders - but don't forget, there are always two adjustments that have to be made in modeling: "scale adjustment" (absolute percentage shrinkage doesn't take in to account an odd look to the final result -sometimes proportions ahve to be cheated to meet the real world!), and "kit adjustment" - the kit you are working on is never perfect, and/or you have to fit into it and strangely it is not an exact miniature of real life.

It's often better to go for a "finished effect" - so what of you had to adjust this and that, as long as the final result feels like the real thing! You're doing great, ad we're all very lucky to have Tore with first hand knowledge!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #198 on: 05 Apr , 2012, 11:14 »
indeed,

well for now project ran on a light obstacle, but as soon as we will be able to print the very first part i will show the results for sure.