Author Topic: PHOTO UPLOAD TROUBLE  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
PHOTO UPLOAD TROUBLE
« on: 22 Aug , 2014, 03:27 »
A member was having trouble uploading some photos. I had the same trouble, and thanks to Capt. Kremin, all is well with those pix. BUT...

I found out some tech stuff about the forum engine. It doesn't like hi-res photos, too much cpu server cycles are used resizing.

While res and size are related, what we're talking about here is an image that should be 96 or 150ppi max, being much more. Some cameras take images at 72 or 96ppi, some at much more. Others take barn size pix which effectively gain resolution huge when shrunk.

So if you run into "FATAL ERROR" when uploading, resize your pix smaller, and if that fails, make sure the res is only 96ppi max.

Keep me posted and if it becomes worse, we'll have to call in the expensive coders!

Cheers,
Rokket
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline 42rocker

• Commander
Re: PHOTO UPLOAD TROUBLE
« Reply #1 on: 16 May , 2018, 09:53 »
Resize those pics. Really most camera's are taking pics that can be used for poster size 30"x40" prints. Really don't need something that big on websites. 72 dpi as wide as 1600pix is enough already.
If someone has posted something and you can't zoom in enough then ask them to resize the detail area and post it again.
If you need help on this just ask and there are several folks on this site that can help you out.

Also PLEASE this site or another site post your pics to that site not photobucket or whatever as due to changes, SO MANY Great pics are lost.  Enough said.

Later Tim