Author Topic: Munich kits figures for IXC 72nd  (Read 1116 times)

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Munich kits figures for IXC 72nd
« on: 13 Mar , 2019, 16:04 »
Hello again,

There will, no doubt, be plenty of aftermarket products coming along in the next few months for Revell's early war IXC kit in 72nd scale. Here are some figures from Munich kits -

These would allow you to depict U 154 in the Caribbean. As told in Paterson's "U-Boat War Patrol" book, torpedoes were transferred from U 154 to U 564 in August 1942, during which time U 564's commander, Teddy Suhren, swam over to U 154.

There will be more figures in due course.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline 42rocker

• Commander
Re: Munich kits figures for IXC 72nd
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar , 2019, 07:24 »
Nice Very Nice! 

Thanks for sharing this Dougie. 

Later Tim

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar , 2019, 02:54 »
Hi Dougie,
do you know if something exsists in 1/48 scale ?

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar , 2019, 15:35 »
Hello,

I don't know of anything in 48th scale from Munich Kits. The only set I know about is from Hecker and Goros -

https://www.zinnfigur.com/en/Round-Figures/Blank-kits/Hecker-Goros/1-48/German-U-Boat-Crew-1942.html

There are also various sets on Shapeways -

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=1-48+German+U-Boot+Crew+

The quality of Shapeways products isn't always up to what can be found from main aftermarket companies so I would be wary of these until someone reviews them first.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline Raymic1

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar , 2019, 13:44 »
Hi All
In regards to 1/48 Submariners for my Trump kit I am using as follows.

1.The Trumpeter figures supplied are out of proportion and dreadful but with some sculpting can be used as sleeping crew or placed in less obvious places

2.Shapeways Crews I have bought one kit.
They are expensive abd are quite good, in proportion but can be a bit fuzzy from the manufacturing process. For the expense not good value but they do have a lot of pose choices so open your wallet and enjoy......

3.ICM/Revell 1/48 Luftwaffe Pilots and Ground crew. Beautiful and crisp and great value for money. They can easily look like Kriegsmarine.
There is 3 different kits both in Summer  and Winter

4.Tamiya 1/48 Luftwaffe and Panzer Kits.
They have a selection of Tamiya quality kits you can modify with great accessories.
Unfortunately they are scale wise all 5 foot 3 midgets

5. Also there are various Luftwaffe and Panzer 1/48 resin figures out there that can be modified