AIR > LUFTWAFFE

Eduard Albatros DVa Build

(1/3) > >>

Greif:
Hi all, I will be starting a quick build of Eduard's Albatros DVa in 1/48 scale.  I got some "Mister Color" paints last week and really want to give them a try.  I plan to start the build today after work.  It will be a straight OOB build with no notable bells and whistles.  The plan is to represent Lt. Lehmann's Jasta 5 aircraft circa the spring of 1918.  Stay tuned, it should be fun.

Ernest

Mr. Bill:
Hello Ernst,

The Albatros DVa is a beautiful aircraft, please be sure to post photos!  What are Mister Colour paints?  I don't recall this brand?  Every time I try to do something just out of the box, I get sidetracked and start start detailing and modifying things.  One day, I will force myself to do something straight from the box!

Cheers,

Bill

Greif:
Hi Bill, I mistyped the name of the paints.  The correct name is Misterkit Paints.  The paints are manufactured in europe.  There is an online retailer in the USA and they are also sold by Roll Models.  The paints concentrate on WWI colors for aircraft of all nations.  They are acrylic and the colormatching is supposed to be very accurate.  Though I cannot confirm, I have heard the paints are produced by Lifecolor.  I do know the paints can be thinned with Lifecolor thinner.  I will be sure to let everyone know how they behave while airbrushing.

I know what you mean about detailing, I have the affliction myself!  ;)

Ernest

--- Quote from: Mr. Bill on 25 Jan , 2010, 06:15 ---Hello Ernst,

The Albatros DVa is a beautiful aircraft, please be sure to post photos!  What are Mister Colour paints?  I don't recall this brand?  Every time I try to do something just out of the box, I get sidetracked and start start detailing and modifying things.  One day, I will force myself to do something straight from the box!

Cheers,

Bill

--- End quote ---

Greif:
Hi all, I'm nearly finished with the cockpit.  Like most aircraft models, the "office" is the most detailed, and potentially, time consuming part of construction.  Of course WWI cockpits are pretty sparse compared to their WWII counterparts, so it has not been bad at all.  As the main thrust of this build was to test the Misterkit paints, I should have gone with one of Eduard's "Weekend Edition" kits.  The "ProfiPack" Albatros has a fair amount of PE stuff, and I can't resist "improving" a few things to compiliment the PE. ;D  This build will probably take a few more days to complete as a result.  I'll post a picture or two when I get home from work today showing the progress.

Ernest

Greif:
Ok, here is a picture of the majority of the cockpit.  The PE seatbelts were too stiff, so I cut the metal parts from them and made belts out of Tamiya tape with those parts attached.  Other then that small bit of scratchbuilding, the cockpit is built OOB.

Ernest

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version