Author Topic: Atomic City Pan Am Space Clipper Orion  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
Atomic City Pan Am Space Clipper Orion
« on: 31 Aug , 2019, 16:33 »
Greetings!

Recently completed, this is the Atomic City Orion Space Clipper resin kit. For me, this is the most beautiful of the vehicles from 2001: A Space Odyssey.   From tip of nose to the end of the rear stingers, the model is 44 inches long (not 42 inches).   Being large and heavy, a sturdy display stand is essential to prevent tipping and damage, so I made one from a pre-cast concrete paver - it will never tip!  External battery powered LED lights for the cockpit and passenger cabin were added but I did not do an interior.  The wing is secured into position from the bottom with 6 small screws to allow access to the interior and lighting.  The kit decals are very nice, but the Pan Am logo blue seems a bit too dark?  Details about the construction will be posted soon along with more images of the completed model. In the meantime I wanted to share these first images of the finished kit . . . .

Thanks for having a look, questions and comments are always welcome.

Cheers,
 Bill

« Last Edit: 31 Aug , 2019, 16:40 by Mr. Bill »

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Atomic City Pan Am Space Clipper Orion
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan , 2020, 23:53 »
I missed this one too... lighting is subtle and looks lovely, same for the panel painting.
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan , 2020, 06:13 »
Thanks Rokket!  This is one of my favorites and in this large studio scale it makes for an impressive display!Bill

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan , 2020, 06:52 »
Bill, I like the paneling and the lighting. Cool!