Author Topic: Bf110G4  (Read 7231 times)

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
Bf110G4
« on: 12 Oct , 2011, 00:31 »
Hi all, my first build for this modelling season is Eduard's Bf110G4.  This is the Profipack boxing of the kit which comes with a lot of detail.  The only aftermarket item I bought is the SN-2 Antenna array by ModelMasters.  I am fairly advanced in the build which is turning out to be something of a bear.  Unlike all other Eduard kits I have built there is a lot of flash on several of the parts; the wing tips of both wings were also badly warped.  I must have gotten a kit that went through the moulds on a Monday after a long weekend. :D

All problems to be overcome as they say; and overcome they were!  Though it remains to be seen how well a smoothed the copious amounts of putty into the kit when I apply the primer coat later this week.  All in all a build that is making me concentrate and giving my sanding and puttying skills a work out.

Enjoy the pictures, (There are only a few at this point)
Ernest

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Bf110G4
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct , 2011, 22:12 »
wow, looking really nice, the trouble doesn't show!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct , 2011, 02:24 »
Thanks Wink!  I have completed the major construction and most of the sub-assemblies.  The following pictures show the model painted and given a gloss coat in preperation for decaling.

Ernest 

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct , 2011, 01:03 »
Hi guys,
I have completed decaling my 110, and adding the wash to the panel lines.  I wanted a subtle effect so I opted for a brown wash rather then a darker color.  I took the photos while the wash was drying, so I still have to touch up the wash a bit.  The close up of the tail fin displays my attempt to simulate the historic paint job of this particulair aircraft which had its upper surfaces painted in RLM75 then overpainted with RLM76 leaving a blotched appearance.  It did not come off as well as I had hoped, but it is functional.

Enjoy the pictures!
Ernest

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct , 2011, 04:07 »
Very nice work!

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct , 2011, 04:21 »
Thanks Wink!  The aircraft is finished.  Overall an average effort for me; but as it is the first build of the season I can't complain too much.

Ernest

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct , 2011, 02:08 »
excellent, and especially nice and crisp canopies. Lots of nice detailing, the tail decals esp. Looks great!

bracco_n

« Reply #7 on: 26 Oct , 2011, 17:31 »
Very nice model Ernest! Could we see a photo of your hangar? (where you keep your finished planes) And I wonder how is U228 doing, my U-1023 is sitting on the top of a shelf waiting for it's base to be done...

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct , 2011, 02:04 »
Thanks for the compliment Wink!  This build had several fit issues which took a bit of the joy out of it.  All in all I'm glad it is done.

Hi Bracco, good to here from you!  I will take a couple of photos of two of my display cases that have several of my aircraft builds in them and post in the next couple of days.  U228 is sitting over a friend's fireplace, where it has it's home.  As an aside, I have recently completed a 1/72 scale commission build, one of the rare times I build "out of season".  It represents U255 returning after attacking ships from the ill fated convoy PQ17.  I did not do a build report photo montage for the build, but I will take some pictures in the near future and post them to the Type VII section of the forum.  Hope you get the base finished soon so your U1023 can be displayed in all its glory.

Ernest

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct , 2011, 03:19 »
Congrats Greif, awesome work! also, looking forward to seeing the U255 pics soon!!

bracco_n

« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct , 2011, 18:28 »
Wow another one in 1/72! Can't wait to see some photos!

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: 31 Oct , 2011, 05:13 »
Ernest, we would like to see those pix you ention of U 255.

Went to a model show and saw some good 1:72 and 148 Luftwaffe stuff, thought of this thread.The little details really "sell" and pay off. I was pleased to see that a ot of people were choosing subjects for interesting reasons..they had relatives or some links to these particular lanes.

Offline Pepper-mint

• Commander
  • U-1299
« Reply #12 on: 11 Dec , 2011, 03:11 »
Greif, a usual really nice work. I love...

Cheers,
Pepper
On the W.bench :
Books, pics, drawings, styrene, dreams and :

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #13 on: 17 Dec , 2011, 03:37 »
Thank you Pepper, I hope you are doing well and finding some time to build models.

Sincerely,
Ernest

Greif, a usual really nice work. I love...

Cheers,
Pepper