Author Topic: AMP Forum Member Book released  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
AMP Forum Member Book released
« on: 14 Apr , 2010, 01:39 »
One of our own AMP members, T. Garth Connelly, has had yet another book released, this time a big one:

U.S. Patrol Torpedo Boats in World War II, 1939-1945 (Paperback)
174 pages

If you like PT Boats, then you've got to get this huge resource. Please order through AMP's link to Amazon.com, to help out AMP just a little bit. It won't cost you any more to order through us. Click the rotating Carousell in NEWS, also found in LIBRARY on our main website.

Garth has also written: PT BOATS IN ACTION, VOSPER MTBs IN ACTION, US 110' SUBCHASERS IN ACTION, and co-authored SCHNELLBOOT IN ACTION
visit Garth's website: http://www.ptboatworld.com/

AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Don in Cincinnati

Re: AMP Forum Member Book released
« Reply #1 on: 04 May , 2010, 17:41 »
One of our own AMP members, T. Garth Connelly, has had yet another book released, this time a big one:

U.S. Patrol Torpedo Boats in World War II, 1939-1945 (Paperback)
174 pages

If you like PT Boats, then you've got to get this huge resource. Please order through AMP's link to Amazon.com, to help out AMP just a little bit. It won't cost you any more to order through us. Click the rotating Carousell in NEWS, also found in LIBRARY on our main website.

Garth has also written: PT BOATS IN ACTION, VOSPER MTBs IN ACTION, US 110' SUBCHASERS IN ACTION, and co-authored SCHNELLBOOT IN ACTION
visit Garth's website: http://www.ptboatworld.com/

I'd like to second Rokket's recommendation. Although I do not have the book I had numerous E-mail correspondence with Mr Connelly while building the old Lindberg 1/32 scale PT boat Pt 109 a few years back. (I converted it to PT 144 as the 109 has been modeled so much.)
Based on personal experience I can tell you he is a font of knowledge when it comes to these boats, and, like Dougie with U-boats, Connelly seems to know everything worth knowing about them down to the most arcane details.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #2 on: 05 May , 2010, 06:29 »
I just bought the book and reviewed on Amazon. It's got a heap of great stuff, covering a wide range, and it's deep, too. Pix you wouln't expect, and the book itself is very high quality. I recommended it to history buffs and modelers, a "must have"
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Mike K

« Reply #3 on: 05 May , 2010, 11:37 »
I told you that, on the PT section, a couple of months ago, Rokket. It really is impressive, isn't it.
However, keep your eyes on Periscopefilm.com. There may be a real surprise for both you and Garth, in a couple of months. PT's, of course.
Periscopefilm got their hands on an EB book, on the Elcos, released some time in the late war and post war period. You're gonna love it!

Mike K.

TGarthConnelly

« Reply #4 on: 06 May , 2010, 07:52 »
Thanks Wink.  I appreciate the review on Amazon.  Hey, from one Ostervillian to another, right mate?

Don, thanks for the nice comment sir, that was nice of you to say ... Also, may I ask if you'd send me photos of your 144 boat?  Maybe I'll post them on my site too.

Mike, thanks to you too.  I just tried to access that periscopefilms.com and it did not take me there, it took me to a directory of a site that provides sites ...

Garth

Mike K

« Reply #5 on: 06 May , 2010, 11:49 »
Sorry, Garth, my bad. it's << Periscopefilm.com >>. I don't know why I added an "S".

Mike K.

TGarthConnelly

« Reply #6 on: 07 May , 2010, 08:05 »
Thanks Mike.  Later on, I tried it without the s ... Very interesting site.  I watched a video on the USCG Aux in WW2, ... I was hoping to see some 83 footers.  Anyway, thanks for the heads-up on the site.

Garth