NELSON AT TRAFALGAR 2009

Nelson: "Order the signal, Hardy."

Hardy: "Aye, aye sir."

Nelson: "Hold on, this isn

Offline billp51d

• Lt Cdr
Re: Joke
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr , 2009, 05:59 »
         That was a "Knee Slapper" (An expression here in the states, meaning very funny), Siara..But it could almost be an american joke...I thought we were the only ones burdened with political correctness and government safety standards. Seems you have the same issues "over the pond" ! Hats off to Nelson..    ...Bill
« Last Edit: 24 Apr , 2009, 05:09 by billp51d »

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr , 2009, 13:28 »
 ;D ;D ;D

vonbulowfla

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr , 2009, 19:04 »
that's some funny sh-t siara . but isnt it true . the whole world has has gone soft except the hardy u boat crew of the forum ! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr , 2009, 21:58 »
That was some funny stuff.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr , 2009, 20:38 »
funny because it's true!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr , 2009, 01:06 »
In the year 2009, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in England, and said:

"Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me."

"Build another Ark and save two of every living thing along with a few good humans."

He gave Noah the blueprints, saying:

"You have six months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for forty days and forty nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark.

"Noah!" He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed."

"I needed a Building Permit."

"I've been arguing with the Boat Inspector about the need for a sprinkler system."

"My neighbours claim that I've violated the Neighbourhood Bye-Laws by building the Ark in my back garden and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to the Local Planning Committee for a decision."

"Then the Local Council and the Electricity Company demanded a shedload of money for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it."

"Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the Greater Spotted Barn Owl."

"I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!"

"When I started gathering the animals the RSPCA took me to court. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. They argued the accommodations were too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space."

"Then the Environmental Agency ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed Flood."

"I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew."

"Immigration are checking the visa status of most of the people who want to work."

"The trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only Union workers with ark-building experience."

"To make matters worse, the Inland Revenue seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species."

"So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least ten years for me to finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky.

Noah looked up in wonder and asked,

"You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord.

"Gordon Brown and the Government beat me to it."

Offline billp51d

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr , 2009, 06:42 »
          Siara..Another good one lad ..It does remind me though of when I went to welding school..My instructor was a "brit" with a good sense of humor...His response would have been "F..k the spotted owl, take a picture and put him in a f...ing book"..He's the same one that asked me to get him a "torch". After loading a cart with oxy/acytelene he said he was talking about a "flashlight".
          Lets keep the humor going, though Siara..It helps us in these troubled times..
                                                                          Cheers/Regards..Bill

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #8 on: 12 May , 2009, 02:09 »
Yeah, Modern Times and Real Life are so different to the Old Days and Movies. In the movies, a kid gets bitten by a radioactive spider and becomes a superhero. I get bit by a spider and I'd have to get my thumb amputated. A lab guy gets hit with electricity and he becomes a superhero. I'm doing a little electrical repair work and I'd get electrocuted. The list goes on and on...
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #9 on: 12 May , 2009, 07:24 »
Not to be gross or anything... but here's what the bite of a brown recluse spider can do:
http://www.badspiderbites.com/brown-recluse-spider-bite/
 :o
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline Siara

• Admiral2
    • Master Models
« Reply #10 on: 17 May , 2009, 12:39 »
Something to offend anyone:
 ;D ;D ;D

A history teacher asks a class full of kids 'What was Churchill famous for?'
A kid at the back shouts out 'He was the last white man to be called Winston!'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A black man takes a girl home from a nightclub. She says 'Show me it's true what they say about black men'... So he stabbed her and nicked her purse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man is in a queue at Tesco and sees this busty blonde staring at him, he can't believe she is staring at him, then she starts waving.

'Excuse me do I know you?' he asks.
'Yes I think you are the father of one of my kids' she says.

The man thinks back and remembers his one act of infidelity and says 'Are you the bird I shagged on my stag night, whilst your mate whipped me and your other mate stuck a brush up my arse?'

'No' she replies 'I'm your son's English teacher!'

I said to the wife, 'I thought I saw your name on a loaf of bread today, but when I looked again it said 'Thick Cut' '

A man says to his wife 'tell me something that will make me happy and sad at the same time'.

His wife replies 'You've got a bigger knob than your brother'

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #11 on: 17 May , 2009, 13:10 »
 ;D ;D ;D  Thanks Siara

Offline billp51d

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #12 on: 17 May , 2009, 14:45 »
    Funny how some of the same jokes are circulating over here in the states..The only difference being the expressions..I guess the word "knob" is the same as p.... ?

Mike K

« Reply #13 on: 18 May , 2009, 13:16 »
Ok, you forced me to do it.

Three beer salesmen, an American, a German and an Irishman, meet at a beer convention.

At the end of the day they decide to go to the bar and (what else?) have a couple of cold ones.

As they sit down the American slaps the bar and says, "I work for Budweiser. Bring me a BUD, the king of beers."

As the bar tender sets it down, the German guy slaps the bar and shouts, "I verk for Heineken. Gift me ein Heineken. A true Cherman beer!"

The bar keep brings him a Heineken and hands it to him.

With that the Irishman says, "Well, lads, I work for Guinness, "I'll have a Pepsi'"

The other two turn to him and say "Pepsi?!? Why are you ordering Pepsi?"

"Well, if you guys aren't going to have a beer, neither will I."

Mike K.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #14 on: 18 May , 2009, 14:39 »
ROFL

5 thumbs up!!!