General Modeling > General Model Discussion

Subs on Stamps

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rokket:
Good point, T. I've got a Kriegsmarine chart and brass dividers, would love to make a logbook, and maybe a letter with a cancelled stamp.

TRM:
Sounds nice.  I have some decent charts from on line, was thinking off printing them out at work on the 48" plotter and then weathering it.  I like the dividers! Maybe:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/german-wwi-heroic-u-boat-war-loan-propaganda-rare

Maybe an old Zippo or something.

Rokket:
Nice link, nice idea, thanks!

Here's the case before the model was finished, and the chart:

Chart is not quite accurate, had to do some squishing and the scan of the original wasn't perfect. Printed it out at work on the big wide format.

NZSnowman:

--- Quote from: TRM on 24 Apr , 2010, 19:08 ---Sounds nice.  I have some decent charts from on line, was thinking off printing them out at work on the 48" plotter and then weathering it.  I like the dividers! Maybe:

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: rokket on 25 Apr , 2010, 18:04 ---Chart is not quite accurate, had to do some squishing and the scan of the original wasn't perfect. Printed it out at work on the big wide format.

--- End quote ---

Dam!! I need to work at a place with a big wide format print ;D ;)

TRM:
Rokket,

That is awesome!  Like a mini museum.  I have a china hutch in my office right now, need to clean out a shelf for my upcoming project.

Didi you make the case or buy it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version