Author Topic: Fletcher Class  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
Fletcher Class
« on: 09 Jan , 2010, 19:35 »
In addition to U-boats, I have a passion for Fletcher class destroyers, especially WWII era.  My father served on USS Wadleigh DD-689 from January to October 1945 when he transferred to the new Gearing class destroyer USS McKean.  About a year ago, I finished a very long project involving the 1/125th scale Lindberg Fletcher that I build as USS Mertz DD-691 which was in DESRON 54 along with Wadleigh.  By the time I had finished, three years later, there was very little left of the Lindberg kit.  One of my current projects is the new Revell Fletcher in 1/144 scale.  Compared to the Lindberg Fletcher this is a far superior kit, but there are some problems.  I am building this as USS Chevalier DD-451 and have had to make several small modifications to the kit.

Would it be OK to post completion photos of Mertz and work in progress updates/photos of Chevalier here?

Regards,

Mr. Bill

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Fletcher Class
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan , 2010, 20:04 »
absolutely, we'd be disappointed if you didn't!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 08:56 »
I also am a great fan of the Fletcher class...... where are those photo's???

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan , 2010, 09:00 »
Hi Mr. Bill,

Sure, info and pics of the 144th Fletcher would be great. I've had an interest in the Fletcher since building a 1/350th Tamiya Fletcher about ten years ago.

Cheers,

Dougie