SPACE > FICTION

Moebius 1/144 Discovery XD-1

(1/2) > >>

Mr. Bill:
Greetings,

Recently completed XD-1 from Moebius in 1/144 scale.  Included Paragrafix PE sets, HDA Modelworx decals, Green Strawberry pods, 24 LED's with wireless remote, and acrylic display case.   Many thanks for having a look - questions and comments always welcome!

SG:
What a great work Bill! The hangar and the lighting are amazing! The display case with the background planets is very effective, seems to be there in the outer space. I see that you avoided any kind of weathering, your idea of a just-launched, brand-new spaceship or are you planning to add some subtle washing/chipping to simulate some space worn-out effect?Congrats, a great achievement 8) SG

Mr. Bill:
Many thanks for having a look!  I just can't decide about the weathering - mainly I think I'm afraid of making a mess.  Sometimes, it is hard for me to get my mind around the idea of weathering a space vehicle that spends its entire life operating in a vacuum - I just don't know what it would look like.  Then there is the issue of how a studio filming model looks compared to how it appears on the screen - sometimes so very different.

Bill

dougie47:
Hi Bill,
Really great model of an unusual subject, it is your usual very tidy work. Looking in the windows to see inside really makes it. Is the model about a metre long?
Cheers,
Dougie

Mr. Bill:
Thanks Dougie!
Yes. Just a little over a metre in length - about 41 inches.
Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version