Author Topic: CLOSING DOWN  (Read 871 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
CLOSING DOWN
« on: 17 Dec , 2022, 04:16 »
We are completely closing down, including the forum. COVID and UK/EU VAT have forced our hand. We thought we could continue in a limited capacity, but we cannot.

Much of our research materials will remain available through uboatarchive.net (link to follow). Thank you for your support and we wish you the best for the future.

AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
Re: CLOSING DOWN
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec , 2022, 10:23 »
Wink, this is a sad new.
This forum is something unique and contributed to promote the knowledge of Uboat and submarine culture in general for years. it will be greatly missed. Good things don't last. All my gratitude to you and Dougie for creating it, it was a most brilliant idea of yours and thank you for keeping it open for so many years.

To all the members of the forum, the outstanding modellers, the generous, ironic, top notch experts and researchers, the legendary veterans (Tore, am thinking of you), it's been a pleasure to interact with you and share your experiences and knowledge. Thank you! It enriched my life.

For those of you wanting to get in touch with me, i redirect you to my blog, where you'll find a suitable email address in the "about" section of the site:

https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com   

Feel free to contact me for Uboat or modelling related questions, or just to share research/modelling anytime.

Long live the AMP forum members!

Cheers,

SG
« Last Edit: 17 Dec , 2022, 10:37 by SG »

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec , 2022, 12:47 »
Hello folks,
I hope everyone continues their interest in U-boats and modelling after the AMP forum closes. The end of AMP has been on the cards for a while now due to the infuriating tax changes and our PE supplier going out of business.

As well as working on U 393 and U 509, I aim to complete my last U-boat research project, which is to bring all the modifications and identification features of the various types into one pdf. The previous articles on U-boat modelling are now available at -
https://www.uboatarchive.net/Modeling/Articles.htm
Without AMP I would not have written many of the articles and hope the information will prove useful well after the end of AMP. Hopefully some of our products have been useful too.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Best regards,
Dougie

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec , 2022, 07:57 »
Hello Wink and Dougie,

Very sad to see the forum closing - it has been such a wonderful place!  Your time and effort over the years is much appreciated! 
Thank you both very much for Accurate Model Parts!  Best wishes!

Bill

Offline Raymic1

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec , 2022, 13:39 »
Very sad but understand why.

Is it possible to save all of Tores conversations in a word document other than cut and paste 200 pages??

Offline VIC20

• Lt Cdr
    • WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec , 2022, 09:21 »
Yes, just click on print (right lower corner of any page) and it will print (or save to pdf) the entire thread but without any pictures.

Offline Johann Vilthomsen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan , 2023, 03:13 »
Many thanks to you and Doug for building such a special meeting and learning place. My little knowledge of the English language has greatly limited my participation in the forum. But the AMP forum will always be part of my life and enthusiasm for the subject of U-boats.
Again, thank you very much for your work.
A sincere hug.

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jan , 2023, 13:35 »

Gentlemen,

it has been a great pleasure and honor to be able to discuss with all the experts, enthusiasts and modelers here on the forum and would like to thank you for always helping me here when I had questions or needed advice.

Thanks for everything to Doug and Wink and to the forum members
"falo" aka Olaf

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jan , 2023, 11:24 »
Hello everyone,
Thank you for your kind words, which Wink and I really appreciate. Due to this positive feedback we now intend to keep the forum open until 2025. AMP is still closed as a business but keeping the forum open for a while will give folks plenty of time to download any information they need and discuss model projects.

Best regards,
Dougie

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jan , 2023, 09:50 »
  3 X   H U R R A H !   T H A N K  Y O U  !    8)
« Last Edit: 12 Jan , 2023, 10:10 by SG »

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan , 2023, 12:07 »
Very good news. Thank you very much!

Best regards
falo

Offline Johann Vilthomsen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jan , 2023, 06:24 »
A very good news! Thanks for the effort you make to keep the forum open.

Offline MrZaggy

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan , 2024, 07:33 »
As a fairly new member (only the second half of last year) who is fairly new to this area (and thus never really had much to say on here), this is sad news about AMP closing, like many other small producers for our hobby.

But keeping such a wonderful resource open and functioning for the betterment of the community is seriously awesome! thanks very much...

Dan

Offline averageuser

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #13 on: 01 Feb , 2024, 16:36 »
Thanks for that!
It's lovely to see modelers appreciate a resource. Of course "rivet counters" like the details, but even getting the heart of the info is useful. With 3D printing and so many tools now, it is a very exciting time to model!