Author Topic: Modelbrass problem  (Read 13024 times)

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Re: Modelbrass problem
« Reply #15 on: 13 Mar , 2011, 13:47 »
Hi guys,

We're working on a set for the 72nd VIIC and VIIC/41 kits, and also for the 144th kits too. Included for both scales will be a full PE deck, plus the bow and lower stern vents. We're started designing the deck. No deck schematics can be relied upon so we're designing using primarily period photos. This will take some time but we'll get there at some point.   

We intend offering brass in two thicknesses, just like we did with our Type II set. This will allow us to replicate the anti-slip bumps on the metal hatches.

I can't say when this will be available, probably not in the next few months but at some point this year.

Cheers,

Dougie
Accurate Model Parts

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #16 on: 13 Mar , 2011, 21:40 »
Hi guys,

We're working on a set for the 72nd VIIC and VIIC/41 kits, and also for the 144th kits too. Included for both scales will be a full PE deck, plus the bow and lower stern vents. We're started designing the deck. No deck schematics can be relied upon so we're designing using primarily period photos. This will take some time but we'll get there at some point.   

We intend offering brass in two thicknesses, just like we did with our Type II set. This will allow us to replicate the anti-slip bumps on the metal hatches.

I can't say when this will be available, probably not in the next few months but at some point this year.

Cheers,

Dougie
Accurate Model Parts

Dougie, do you want to have a look at my stern deck plate drawing. I could post a PDF of it, if you want to have a look?

Simon

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 14 Mar , 2011, 13:12 »
Hi Simon,

Sure, I'll happily take you up on that. I did a stern drawing a while back but haven't checked it over. It would be excellent to refer to your stern drawing.

Thanks,

Dougie

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar , 2011, 14:26 »
Here the PDF, Dougie. There are seven layers to the drawing. Hope this helps.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vbme06gvd7bq9g2
Simon

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 16 Mar , 2011, 14:34 »
Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your drawing. Looks really good, to your usual high standards. The best photo I've seen is on page 4 of U-Boats Under The Swastika by Jak mallmann Showell. Do you have this photo? If not then shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #20 on: 19 Mar , 2011, 13:08 »
Thanks, Dougie. You have PM.

bracco_n

« Reply #21 on: 19 Mar , 2011, 14:54 »
Dougie I was just thinking: could the KM flag be made for 1/144th scale? I'd really like to have it on my U94

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 20 Mar , 2011, 07:10 »
Hi Nicolas,

Wink and I were talking about this yesterday. Sorry but the flag in 144th scale is just a little too small for us.

Cheers,

Dougie

sedgar2

« Reply #23 on: 27 Mar , 2011, 10:09 »
I also tried to buy the brass kit from Modelbrass. Jay refunded the payola payment and said he would look into seeing what he could do. I sort of pestered him and after a time he came up with some wrongly pressed 'mirror image' sets that his supplier mistakenly stamped out. He sold me one of these sets very reasonably and for the flood grates front and rear it makes no difference. Hopefully he has a few more. Good luck......Steve

ohms931

« Reply #24 on: 04 Apr , 2012, 04:52 »
Hi,
I too have had the same problem with this company however I dont share the same opinion as "detailed after market parts are worth the wait" type of nonsense.

I live in Thailand and therefore I have to order everything including models except Tamiya. I have waited as little as 3 days for an order from UK but never more than 1-2 weeks depending on if the supplier get his finger out or not. To have to wait this long for anything unless it is being shipped ocean freight is quite simply a con. Remember for those that paid by PayPal you only have a certain amount of time in which to make your claim. Im very sure the supplier is very aware of this as I have emailed, called and now but still no reply. I have escalated this to a claim now.

Like a few people on here I have been made to go out of my way to persue this and chase this person down to get my money back, not very good business sense to me!

Therefore Dougie/Wink I'd be more than happy to put my project on hold until such time you have produced the parts. I would suggest other people to support people like Dougie & Wink and boycott unscrupulous suppliers like the guy from Modelbrass

I hope this isnt seen as a rant more of just some shared information

Dougie/Wink keep us posted on how the parts are progressing

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #25 on: 04 Apr , 2012, 06:36 »
Hi,
I too have had the same problem with this company however I dont share the same opinion as "detailed after market parts are worth the wait" type of nonsense.

I live in Thailand and therefore I have to order everything including models except Tamiya. I have waited as little as 3 days for an order from UK but never more than 1-2 weeks depending on if the supplier get his finger out or not. To have to wait this long for anything unless it is being shipped ocean freight is quite simply a con. Remember for those that paid by PayPal you only have a certain amount of time in which to make your claim. Im very sure the supplier is very aware of this as I have emailed, called and now but still no reply. I have escalated this to a claim now.

Like a few people on here I have been made to go out of my way to persue this and chase this person down to get my money back, not very good business sense to me!

Therefore Dougie/Wink I'd be more than happy to put my project on hold until such time you have produced the parts. I would suggest other people to support people like Dougie & Wink and boycott unscrupulous suppliers like the guy from Modelbrass

I hope this isnt seen as a rant more of just some shared information

Dougie/Wink keep us posted on how the parts are progressing
Modelbrass problems
I believe this firm is a one man business and the person isn`t always avaiable on the modelbrass address. I was adviced to contact the person Jay Overhulser directly on: jay@rdgendecals.com and did so  November 1. 2011 asking for deliverytime. I got a prompt reply delivery stated 14 days.
Ordered the parts same day and on Nov 8th. got the message: parts will be despatched Nov 11th.   I got the parts in my mailbox   (Oslo, Norway) November 14th.2011
Tore
« Last Edit: 04 Apr , 2012, 06:40 by tore »

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #26 on: 04 Apr , 2012, 06:48 »
Not to cause a riff with anyone or support one over another. I know from experiance that some companies do take longer than others. I believe that we see a companies web site and think there will be prompt service. We expect this and most places provide this. But there are companies that are ran by one person. Some of these people also hold other jobs and they have to split there time. All I'm saying is give people some slack, order early, and try to establish a line of communication with the company so if there is a delay they'll let you know.

I have not (knock on wood) had any problems with this company.

ohms931

« Reply #27 on: 04 Apr , 2012, 21:53 »
Gentlemen
All I can say is that your patience is commendable but as I said earlier there is a finite amount of time in order to place a claim through paypal In my opinion waiting after that is just blind faith which is not an option.

As I said previous I have done everything to contact the seller, phone email and now PP dispute and i have heard nothing as of yet, which no matter what your reasoning is not acceptable in this day and age. If indeed he had been bothered to contact me back and had informed me of a delay then, of course that would have been completely acceptable.

I am however interested in the email address

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #28 on: 04 Apr , 2012, 23:04 »
ohms
Sorry the correct e-mail address is: jay@3rdgendecals.com somehow the 3 dropped out. Hope you get in contact, the PE set is a must for the floodholes.
Tore
« Last Edit: 04 Apr , 2012, 23:13 by tore »

Offline OldNoob

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: 28 Jan , 2013, 09:21 »
Sigh.
I'm US based.
Wish i had read this a week ago before i purchased from Modelbrass.

Problem is. it's not just a matter of wanting the PE ,, i actually blew out all the lower vents on one side behind the front hydro plane. so i actually needed the kit.
Guess i'll give him a couple more weeks.
« Last Edit: 14 Feb , 2013, 20:39 by OldNoob »