Author Topic: Fleet & Guppy BuShips Drawings  (Read 4016 times)

Mike K

Fleet & Guppy BuShips Drawings
« on: 29 May , 2009, 13:11 »
I now have a large number of drawings (<>200+) for US Subs. Most have been reduced to <>6 meg, for emailing purposes.
I already posted this on the SubCommittee site. If any one needs particular drawings, drop me an email, at <<Mkeatingss(AT)cox.net>>, and state your need. If I have anything, I'll fire it off.
If it's something I haven't reassembled and cleaned, I'll do so, and get it off.
If it's something really off-the-wall, it may take some time, I have something like 20,000 drawing pieces, in <>20 directories. But if what you need is there, I'll find it.

Mike K.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Fleet & Guppy BuShips Drawings
« Reply #1 on: 30 May , 2009, 21:50 »
Thank you so much for that generous offer, Mike! I'm sure it will be taken up on-going!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Mike K

« Reply #2 on: 31 May , 2009, 13:57 »
I've been thinking, it might be helpful if people had some idea of what I have. So, here goes.
 1)  Torpedo Tube Shutters
 2)  Superstructure Frames (Fleet & Guppy)
 3)  Conning Towers (Fleet & Guppy)
 4)  Underdeck Piping (Fleet & Guppy)
 5)  Four and Five Bladed screws (RH)
 6)  Modifications for Guppy Bow
 7)  Mk 14 & 16 Torpedoes
 8)  Hundreds of drawings, not yet assembled or cleaned.

I've sent many of the Guppy drawings to Floating Drydock. If you want hard copies, check with Tom.
 Mike K.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun , 2009, 14:28 »
Hi Mike

Do you have any drawing of the periscopes housing? I was hoping that the USA periscope housing are similar to the German ones, and that they may give me a idea how they may work on the German U-boat.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun , 2009, 03:12 »
TOTALLY different. The Germans had stumpy little housings, and the 'scopes retracted right into them. the Gatos had huuuuge and tall supports, with the scopes sticking out, and in the early war, the whole thing "shears" clad with metal. here's one of a billion shots, all different actually, because the fairwaters were chopped and changed: http://www.fleetsubmarine.com/graphics/cod-fairwater.jpg

Lotta great stuff there Mike!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Mike K

« Reply #5 on: 04 Jun , 2009, 12:20 »
To NZSnowman:
    I've got some scope info, but not a great amount, nor in great detail. But Wink's right, they're very different from the German equipment..

If you'd like to take a look, drop me an email at << mkeatingss(AT) cox.net >>. I'll send what I've got.

Mike K.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jun , 2009, 13:40 »
Thanks Mike & rocket...I get really jealous when I see all the great drawing for the US boats. Would be cool if there are a few more good drawing of the U-boat around :(

Mike, thanks for the help, will drop you a line early next week, as a little busy now with the real world ;D

Mike K

« Reply #7 on: 06 Jun , 2009, 09:35 »
   I know what you mean, Snowman. It really sucks, the way the real world keeps interfering with the important stuff. I've got the same problem, here.

Mike K.