General Modeling > General Model Discussion

My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)

(1/4) > >>

NemVia:
I've been working on this kit for over 6 months now. It is my first Subscription build and it is extremely easy to put together, There is no painting necessary, there is now gluing or sanding or any of the other tedious regular model building stuff to do. I will be weathering parts of this build to give it that used  feel to it. The DeLorean is one of my favorite movie cars and this is the most fun I've ever had putting a kit together. The kit comes with it's own electronics and wiring. If you need to pause the subscription, Eaglemoss will allow that and then when it's convenient you can restart it at any time. Although you only get 4 Issues per month I am now up to Issue 38/130, so I'm kinda in the middle of the build already. But, if you go to my website, you can see all of the parts and assembly of what I've done so far. Here is the update for MARCH 2019:MARCH UPDATES - 2019Greetings Fellow Modelers. Just got back from 2 weeks vacation in a place that was nice and warm. Had to take a break from this awful cold weather in the Midwest. So, now after some recharging of the batteries from a good rest, I can deal with life again for a little while.This month's update is a bonus update. Before I went on VACA, I received Issues 31 - 34 and assembled them, photographed them and then all I needed to do was edit them when I came back from our trip. At the beginning of the month, or on March 6th, I received Issues 35 - 38. So you can see the updates for 8 of the Issues this month. Also, the box I received for my shipment was unusually large this time and I couldn't really figure out why at first. But, then I checked my billing manifest and found that the 3rd and final "FREE" gift was included with this delivery which I forgot about. Eaglemoss sent me the Display Base for the DeLorean. It looks pretty sharp. Measures 27" x 14" x 1.5" and has a mirrored surface to display the underneath of the car and a BACK TO THE FUTURE display plate on the front.  Issue 38 came with 4 mounting brackets for the car to sit on, but they don't hold the car high enough for hover mode. Maybe they're will be 4 more coming in the future that are a little higher up. Whish I had a Flux Capacitor so I could find out.....  Hah... Anyway, I was also surprised that the front and rear wheel wells were metal pieces instead of plastic.  The only Issue I had with these concerned the rear wheel wells. I found that in order to get them screwed in place I needed to first screw in the front part of the wells to the Chassis, then put the 2nd and 3rd screws in until they were flush with the Chassis. The "suspension" parts kind of hold the wheel wheels up and away from the frame. IF you try to put the screws in from back to front it's a little more difficult. Just letting anyone whose building this kit  know how to get these parts in place.  With these 8 Issues, some of the wiring has arrived along with the Battery Box and lid which are cleverly and appropriately hidden in the "fuel" tank. It looks like in the next Issue (39) some more wiring items will be arriving. I'm looking forward to it. There are 43 "New" pics in the "1/8 Scale BTTF DeLorean" page, starting on page 3 and slide number 158. For a view of the Display base, go to the bottom of page 3. As always, comments are welcome. See you next Month.www.NemVia.org

NemVia:

APRIL UPDATES - 2019

Just to let everyone know, our website URL has been changed to www.NemVia.org and the website is now simply known as NemVia. Without realizing it, I let the .net expire. It was just easier to change everything to .org.As for the DeLorean Build, I've added 22 new pics to the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" page. A lot of the build this month is focused on the time circuit display and adding some more wiring for the lighting effects such as the brake, front and rear tail lights and turn signal blinkers. The brake pedal actually moves and has a spring to pull the pedal back into place. The center console has a gear shift lever which also moves and comes with a rubber shroud similar to a real shift shroud. The climate control details are awesome, although I really doubt you'll be able to see them when the time circuit components are all in place. The keypad is now in place as well as the stereo with cassette player which has some nice details and controls as well as the compass.I'm really looking forward to the upcoming issues. Issue 43 looks to have more of the time circuit wiring along with the beginnings of the Flux Capacitor assembly. Some pretty "Heavy" stuff. Once again, I'd like to say that the details are just awesome on this build. She's starting to look more like a car! Can't wait for more!MarkBTW the top link will take you to the 1st pic for this month's update which will be the assembly Parts for Issue 39https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205641117This one will take you to the "Homepage"http://www.NemVia.org

42rocker:
Looks like an interesting project.  Thanks for sharing. 

Later Tim

Rokket:
I was SO tempted, butg the offer is over in Australia. Guess I saved about a bazillion and some house display space though! Thanks for the great info, she sure is nice.

NemVia:

Thanks Rokket!

MAY UPDATES - 2019 Hey Everyone, sorry about the delay in the updates. I've had the pics loaded onto my website, I just haven't got around to adding the titles and captions until today. Well, most of the Issues concentrated on the dashboard assembly which includes the driver's side gages you speedometer, tach, fuel, etc. Also the passenger side indicators along with the lighting LED boards and their wiring components. Even the  88 mph speed gage is included. I can't wait to see all of this stuff lit up and working. Another part of this month's assembly includes the time circuit assembly, with power box and also the 6 push buttons that are on the passenger side of the center console. The detailing is pretty nice looking. Although I haven't secured these items onto the chassis, I was able to do a test fitting and take some pretty nice pics of what I have assembled so far. Check 'em out. there are 23 new pics starting with issue 43 which is slide no. 224 on the 4th page of the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" page. Hope you enjoy them. I just received word that my next 4 issues have been mailed out, so I'm looking forward to starting on those. Issue 47 deals with the steering assembly. That's it for this month's update. Check back here in June. The link below should bring you to Issue 43.
Mark

https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205671335
http://www.NemVia.org

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version