Author Topic: Balcongerät Research  (Read 11248 times)

Offline falo

• Admiral
Re: Balcongerät Research
« Reply #45 on: 09 Nov , 2015, 23:32 »
Hi Snowman,

don't know if you have the attached picture for your research: It shows the GHG of the type twenty-three (U-2344).

IMO the interesting thing is the look at the inner structure of the GHG. Although the outer shape of the GHG for the type twenty-three and typeseven are not identically structured the picture could maybe support your drawings.

Regards
falo
« Last Edit: 09 Nov , 2015, 23:55 by falo »

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #46 on: 12 Nov , 2015, 15:13 »
Here are a few early pictures of the new Balcongerät

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #47 on: 16 Nov , 2015, 11:21 »
Hi Snowman,

well done thank you for sharing!
To make a request: Could you add the frame numbers and do you have a top and a underside view?

Thanks in advance
falo

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #48 on: 17 Nov , 2015, 21:53 »
Hi Snowman,

well done thank you for sharing!
To make a request: Could you add the frame numbers and do you have a top and a underside view?

Thanks in advance
falo

I almost finish the modelling. I will post the model on my U-boat 3D Warehouse page.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection.html?id=u4a2facb6-00be-441c-a5e5-ffd7a3c3549d

Offline OldNoob

• Commander
« Reply #49 on: 18 Nov , 2015, 04:13 »
Very cool NZ. My mind jumps at the possibility of people using these 3D models to 3Dprint out 1/32 sized parts for a giant model. building the hull would be relatively simple but being able to print out these parts in such detail would e awesome.

Offline OldNoob

• Commander
« Reply #50 on: 18 Nov , 2015, 04:24 »
Hi Snowman,

thanks again for the "Balkongeraet" (GHG) drawings.

I used your sketches for a small scratchbuilt of the GHG (Scale 1/72). Please look at the first photo below (#0021), its a a shot from the status before sanding with fine grid. Thanks to your drawings it was very easy to construct it to this point as shown on the pix. IMO - and as mentioned before in many posts of this forum - your skills are outstanding.

But to my request: Next step are now the arrangement of the dots ("Kristallempfaenger"). Please look at the second attached pix. IMO the layout of the dots is shifted. If you see the red arrows scribbled on the original photo and on your sketch, you can recognize what I'am supposing. What do you think about it?

Thanks for your support and regards
falo
Hey falo , Nice build.
Do you have a build thred for that anywhere?

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #51 on: 20 Nov , 2015, 10:47 »
The Trimble login is now working, so I have uploaded the 3-D model of the Balkon Geraet. Its not finish yet but its give you a idea of how its looks.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection.html?id=u4a2facb6-00be-441c-a5e5-ffd7a3c3549d

Download SketchUp Viewer
http://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-viewer

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #52 on: 20 Nov , 2015, 13:34 »
Hi Snowman,

thanks for the download link. I dare a forecast: Some day you will have all sections and parts together to print "U 1308" via Shapeways or on your own 3D printer. And lots of them will be workable parts.   :)

Regards
falo

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #53 on: 20 Nov , 2015, 13:53 »
@ OldNoob

there you have me: Just for a long time it's my intention to start a thread here of my (mostly) scratch building typseven/41. The build is nearly done (complete with diorama), but during the building process I took hundreds of pictures which are waiting for a sort. I think I need a little bit self-motivation for that task ;)

Regards
falo
« Last Edit: 20 Nov , 2015, 13:59 by falo »

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #54 on: 21 Nov , 2015, 11:53 »
The Trimble login is now working, so I have uploaded the 3-D model of the Balkon Geraet. Its not finish yet but its give you a idea of how its looks.

Download SketchUp Viewer
http://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-viewer

I have reach the end of the modelling I can do on the Balkon Geraet without better wartime photo’s or plans. I believe the model is about 95% correct and about 70% finish. Perhaps, one day some good photo’s will turn up of the Type VIIC’s Balkon Geraet so I can finish the model.