Author Topic: On Sale Now: Limited Re-Edition of Revells VIIC/41 - Scale 1/72  (Read 2700 times)

Offline falo

• Admiral
Hi Gents,

for those who are tired of paying exorbitant prices to ebay sellers:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/RevellAtions/topic/7364291/1/

Regards
Falo

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
Hi falo,

Good find falo. Can't imagine them staying for sale for long, I don't understand Revell's decision to do this as a limited production and yet re-release the 1:125 U 47 cutaway.

Regards
Jon
"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline falo

• Admiral
Hi Cap,

I suppose Revell just delivered the typseven41 kits to "toys2day" (the boat is not listed on the Revell onlineshop) resp. the "toys" people ordered a limited edition because they have a eye on the plenty ebay auctions knowing that there is a huge demand (Quote: "The kit has been produced exclusively in an one-time-only edition for customers of toys2day").

The re-edition of the Prien boat is a riddle to me too, because the kit looks a little bit outdated and like a plaything, but maybe thats for what the Prien boat is good for: Beginners and retro-builder (people who assembled U 47 as a kid or teen).

Regards
falo

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Hi gents,

Thanks for the heads up. I've just bought one from amazon.co.uk at a normal price. They have 10 available and 5 have sold already.

There are more available on amazon.de.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline falo

• Admiral
@ Cap

Meanwhile I found in the Revell forum the reason for the Prien boat re-edition. It's because of the 75th anniversary of the Scapa Flow raid (1939 – 2014).

Personally I find this kind of "appreciation" delicate because during wars people were killed and so IMO there should be only one kind of appreciation. When the war is over.

Regards
falo

Offline Roel

• Lieutenant (jg)
For some German members here I found a little app on my phone for ebay-kleinanzeigen. Here you can sometimes find great cheaper offers for revell U-boot kits.
I am Dutch myself, so I check the app sometimes and have found some interesting deals, but since these are all in Germany, it is a bit hard to buy.