Author Topic: Soviet Schch Class WW2 Boat in 1/144  (Read 6841 times)

Offline Capn Tucker

• Ensign
Soviet Schch Class WW2 Boat in 1/144
« on: 25 Dec , 2015, 20:25 »
Don't know if anyone else has seen this kit yet, but Mikro-Mir (Micro-Me) has released a 1/144 kit of the WW2 Schch class boat. The Schch was a medium size boat comparable to the German Type VII. It was the second-most produced Soviet boat, and about 70% were lost during the war.
Detail on the kit is decent, and it even comes with some photo-etch parts.
I may have to pick up one of these for representative opposition to my U-boat fleet..

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Soviet Schch Class WW2 Boat in 1/144
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan , 2016, 00:43 »
Thanks, Capn. I don't know much about the Soviet WW2 navy, tell us more.

Cheers
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Capn Tucker

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan , 2016, 18:46 »
Thanks, Capn. I don't know much about the Soviet WW2 navy, tell us more.

Cheers

I am not really up on wartime Soviet boats all that much. The Soviet sub fleet was very large, but comprised of mediocre quality boats, and suffered  heavy losses due to very effective German ASW. Over 100 boats were lost during the war. Most of their boats were kept bottled up in the eastern Baltic for the biggest part of the war.  Soviet successes were mediocre as well; their chief claim to fame was sinking the Wilhelm Gustloff and other ships packed with refugees fleeing the Red Army during the last days of the war.
This 1/144 scale kit of the Schch class boats is of interest mainly because it is a Soviet wartime sub, and very few kits are available on the subject.
I am currently trying to track down a source for this kit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If I succeed in obtaining one, I will post some photos of it..

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan , 2016, 04:08 »
Standing by!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz