Author Topic: Forward crew section VII / 3D model / 1/72  (Read 44929 times)

Offline tore

• Tore
Re: Design the interior of the VII/c
« Reply #105 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 07:58 »
Ok Marko. I just remember I believe the lower bunk (my bunk) was closed up between the floor and the bunk I can`t remember if there were lockers or a wall like hiding pipes and wires as in some places  I`ll go for lockers. I revert to the COs quarter. There were a lot of cupboards, lamps and bookshelfs.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #106 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 08:12 »
Oh, okay, will add the wall below bunk. Well, from the photos that i got on the internet, captain bunk is closed up solid below. No lockers, not a thing, just wooden paneling. Technically i could add lockers below too, but there is no way that those would be visible from any angle, well except if i add mirrors :)

i made some snapshots how i made the tanks, probably a bit artistic, but in my opinion could trick the eye. there are subliminal indentations in the walls (0.15mm) and 0.3 also in the bottom. I "etched" the bottom a bit more since it is thicker, and i guess it will be better ratio with sligthly higher indentation. There are a lot of helping lines still visible, just ignore them. Once in a while i sort them out and assign them a proper layer :)

Also the floor of freshwater tank could not be rendered blue, since it is integrated into the main floor, so the whole thing would turn out blue, but it will be painted blue on assembly :)

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #107 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 08:22 »
Marko
Go to http://www.kubische-panoramen.de/index.php?id id=5373&p=  click on the vordere Centrale (forward controlroom) and direct you to the forward pressure hatchdoor. Through that door you are looking straigth to the COs quarter excactly as it should be with wardrobeclosets, cupboard and bookshelfs. Books and a few lamps are missing you`ll have them on Das Boot.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #108 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 08:30 »
Marko
Freshwatertank. Let the tankwall go all the way up to the roof ( pressurewall ). Nice wavy freshwatersurface.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #109 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 08:44 »
well, that is doable, however im not sure how to imitate the wavy freshwater surface then, i could paint blue all till the top and let the wavy etchings inside only will this height.

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #111 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 09:04 »
I think I would do that Marko. The wavy surface is what we call free surface and that was a nuisance on a sub and we avoided it as much as possible.
Both with regards to trim and the free surfaceeffect we had f.i. all the fueltanks watercompensated eg the tanks were always full as the used fuel was compensated with seawater. Wouldn`t work with the freshwatertanks though.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #112 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 09:11 »
Hi
Try this panorama:
http://www.deutschland-panorama.de/museen/laboe_technisches_museum/ps/10_1051_05.php
Main page: http://www.deutschland-panorama.de/museen/laboe_technisches_museum/index.php

--
Regards
Maciek
Exellent Maciek!. I haven`t seen that. When you use both I think you shall have a pretty good picture Marko. Macieks link give you an excellent view of the radioroom as well.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #113 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 09:12 »
thanks for the panoramas Maciek, those are really nice and useful!

so should i leave the wavy surface indentation and paint the whole side up blue or ditch the wavy and go for straight through-up blue indentation without waves?

update on the Captains quarters (the cupboard handles are again a bit different than the real ones, but still have to over dimension those to get some depth effect)

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #114 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 09:19 »
I guess so Marko.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #115 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 09:25 »
So, if i understood correctly stays as is + paint till top of both bulkheads?

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #116 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 09:26 »
Just looking at your COs quarter drawing I got a glimse of your wardroom table drawn with a single pillar leg. I believe it was the only table onboard having ordinary four legs as far as I remember.
Tore

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #117 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 09:30 »
So, if i understood correctly stays as is + paint till top of both bulkheads?
Yes, and let the bulkhead go right to the top"roof"( pressurehull)
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #118 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 09:52 »
very well, will do so.

uhm, i just noticed on the set of plans that i have there is battery access hatch and magazine access hatch as well. However on the U-995 photos & panoramas i cannot locate such hatches (well except of the bigger one, and even that is subtle). Or were those beneath the floor wrap?

The captains writing desk has been edited to proper leg :)

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #119 on: 18 Mar , 2012, 15:50 »
Marko, the center of the battery hatch was about 15 cm aft of frame 57 and situated in the centerline of the pressurehull next to my bunk. It was a square hatch with sides appr 10 cm less than the framedistance and was very visible as it was opened twice per day.
Tore
« Last Edit: 18 Mar , 2012, 15:57 by tore »