Author Topic: Forward crew section VII / 3D model / 1/72  (Read 44916 times)

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
Re: Design the interior of the VII/c
« Reply #60 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 09:05 »
hm, will have to run eating scenes i guess ;)

so actual scene in the movie is located in the middle of the fwd crew section (mid bunks), on port side?

note; i made some screen captures, and its a bit confusing, The radio above the cabinet indicates that they were in the captains quarters, however in the same scene,  then again deeper look into the hull reveals passage to the torpedo room (with a crew member eating, alone in front) which indicates that they were in the mid-section

« Last Edit: 16 Mar , 2012, 09:32 by Marko »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #61 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 09:26 »
hm, will have to run eating scenes i guess ;)

so actual scene in the movie is located in the middle of the fwd crew section (mid bunks), on port side?

When the CO and engineering officer were eating they were seated at the wardroom ( officers mess) lower port bunk with the upper bunk lowered as a seatback as far as I remember. I guess they had white tablecloth on the table so you probably wouldn`t see the tablecolour. However I think the moviepeople put a "little extra here" and there so don`t copy everything.
Tore
« Last Edit: 16 Mar , 2012, 09:29 by tore »

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #62 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 09:50 »
well, that was my best guess as well. It happens often that movie directors take the artist liberty :)

i guess i will go for the lowered upper bunk seatback option, just to spice things up a bit. Will report back with progress as soon as i make some.

TopherVIIC

« Reply #63 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 09:54 »
Marko -
Were those pics any help? I will look around and try and find some more if you need them

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #64 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 10:09 »
Marko
This is supposed to be in the wardroom. The CO and EO are seated on the port lowerbunk.The wardroom diningtablelamp is correct, the journalist is sitting on the forward bulkheadseat and NO 1 is seated in the aisle a hopeless place,  you had to move every time  people were moving back and forth. Don`t worry about the loadspeaker it was not a radio, but a speaker connected up to the radioroom.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #65 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 10:51 »
Christopher, indeed they were, the more the better actually.
Oh, the loudspeaker now that explains the eating scene. I love when they started to sing the Tipperary song  :)
though i am little worried how to make the dining lamp. maybe i could do the lamp only and simply hang it to the ceiling with a piece of wire, maybe integrated with a small  LED.
well, with some improvisation i came up with this. Probably i will redraw the section all over again anyway (as usual), so i am posting to get feedback from you guys :)

maybe ill add the shelf with the loudspeaker too,  i need more details on the bulkheads anyway, on both starboard and port side, so if there was anything else there let me know, or otherwise i would have to fill the walls with photos, clocks, and such random junk, just to get the impression of busy interior  ;)

should i add the starboard bunks too - without the walls or would it compromise the section views? What do you think?

« Last Edit: 16 Mar , 2012, 10:54 by Marko »

TopherVIIC

« Reply #66 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:00 »
Marko -
I would add the starboard side stuff too, in a sep. layer you can turn off and on. That way, if you choose to do another cut-away, or if anyone else wants to they have the information. Drawings like that are always useful. Besides, Tore would feel left out if you did not include his bunk.  ;D
You may try adding the internal ribs, at least on the Bbd side, spaced at 600mm.
You can start from the bulkhead which is the farthest forward (D.Spt 63) and add them through the compartment. They are a great help in locating objects, and really are visible throughout the ship.
What software are you using?
Christopher

(added as an afterthought) 600mm in 1:72 scale is 8.333 real mm or .328083"
« Last Edit: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:38 by TopherVIIC »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #67 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:23 »
Thanks Christopher I was really worried for a second !
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #68 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:24 »
I think you are on to something. I could do them, and we can still decide then how to assemble it. And yes, i did thought about Tore's bunk, so i guess i am kind a obligated to add it :)
I have in plan to add internal ribs, but after the ceiling and interior will be finished, since it is easier to cut the segments when needed to make the walls,  than to make the ceiling first complete and then struggle with the darned thing to get it properly to shape and fit  ;)

I am using Rhinoceros 4 for the many options that allows as far as design goes, for the final conversion and touch-ups i use then SolidWorks, so the machine can read it into database and convert it into separate layers to guide the laser beam. I did not actually baked anything yet from these items, but when the test print will go out, i will do test run photos and post them.

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #69 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:29 »
Marko
This is better, but I think you should change the table in the CPO mess, the tableplate was split in three and the two outer parts folded down when not eating, just the way it was done in the rest of the crews quarters except the wardroom.
Tore 

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #70 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:33 »
Well, i thought to display it as extended, or is even as extended not correctly drawn?

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #71 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:38 »
I think you are on to something. I could do them, and we can still decide then how to assemble it. And yes, i did thought about Tore's bunk, so i guess i am kind a obligated to add it :)
I have in plan to add internal ribs, but after the ceiling and interior will be finished, since it is easier to cut the segments when needed to make the walls,  than to make the ceiling first complete and then struggle with the darned thing to get it properly to shape and fit  ;)

I am using Rhinoceros 4 for the many options that allows as far as design goes, for the final conversion and touch-ups i use then SolidWorks, so the machine can read it into database and convert it into separate layers to guide the laser beam. I did not actually baked anything yet from these items, but when the test print will go out, i will do test run photos and post them.
Thanks as well Marko. If you consider to put an EO in my bunk remember I was always wearing a pink striped pyjamas, uniformcap oily slippers and greasy cottonwaste in my hands.
Tore

TopherVIIC

« Reply #72 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:43 »
Tore
When a U.S.Marine says he has your back, you are safe in your pink pajamas!

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #73 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:53 »
Tore
When a U.S.Marine says he has your back, you are safe in your pink pajamas!
Well Christopher we didn`t have those artists as they have on present days U 995 so we had to use our creativity to put colour to the interior.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #74 on: 16 Mar , 2012, 11:53 »

Thanks as well Marko. If you consider to put an EO in my bunk remember I was always wearing a pink striped pyjamas, uniformcap oily slippers and greasy cottonwaste in my hands.
Tore

i have some extra crewmembers, plus i can still get some more from CMK, so i think i could manage to make one to fit your pyjama

So: Yes Sir will do my best!  ;D