Author Topic: Eduard PE for Gato  (Read 6649 times)

Offline IBS

• Midshipman Cadet
Re: Eduard PE for Gato
« Reply #15 on: 10 Apr , 2008, 07:46 »
 Hi Board, I read your post regarding the IBS disposable pm stencil. I think there is some misunderstanding as to their intended application.  I for one can not stand an unriveted submarine unless its a guppy.  I designed the stencil after drilling out PM holes on my ling which I did by drilling out  the Eduards eb/man PE set.  Once I realized it can be done ,  I designed the stencil  to work with the eduard set. There are some alterations that have to be preformed after the Eduards PE set is installed to the superstructure as normally intended by eduards instructions, the modeler has to putty up and  point sand the eb circle holes of the PE away as well as block up the revell kit holes. I have techniques for this so you don't lose detail.  Then there are some more minor alterations  that would be needed done to the revell side structure to give you a true PM.  Currently I am  converting the revell to a Pampanito.  I will be compiling a tutorial to go with the stencil on how it should be preformed. If you are currently using the stencils contact me if you need assistance.    The  Pampy is a bit more complex then the normal long Balao because of the tad poling rear deck structure which I will go into on the tutorial., but I still  will be using an IBS stencil with the eduard PE to achieve my goal.  Note the stencil is just a disposable guide to assist the modeler in drilling out holes in proper size and locations. They are not designed to be permanently placed and painted on to the boat. I do recommend building a normal eb boat with the eduards pe before attempting a PM.  Mario
« Last Edit: 10 Apr , 2008, 17:15 by IBS »

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Eduard PE for Gato
« Reply #16 on: 12 Apr , 2008, 03:06 »
Thanks Mario,

that's going to help a lot of folks. You have such a great range of Fairwaters, too! When I get closer I'll be ordering!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz