Author Topic: VIIC "On the Ways"  (Read 78099 times)

TopherVIIC

Re: VIIC "On the Ways"
« Reply #270 on: 13 Nov , 2012, 15:46 »
Maciek...
Thanks! I am looking to see if there are lists of M.Dv. (Marine Druckvorschriften = Naval Instructions) that may or may not have to do with torpedos. I have uncovered a number of land based H.Dv. (Heers Druckvorschriften = Army Instructions) that deal with explosives and ordnance. I will be detailing my findings for the ammunition and weapons for UBoot related Flak  and Schiffkanone as I develop it.

This is a page I am developing for ground based ordnance https://www.kabutographics.com/Munition003.html and will be working on the 2cm FlaK, 37cm FlaK ammunition and weapons for UBoots as well as the 7,5cm and 8,8cm SchiffKanone ammunition and weapons for UBoots.

These are works in progress, but I plan on making them relatively detailed.

As for M.DV: Ones for the Navy that might be interesting so far are:

M Dv g. 381
Tauchvorschrift f

Offline SnakeDoc

• Admiral
    • Torpedo Vorhaltrechner Project
« Reply #271 on: 14 Nov , 2012, 09:01 »
Hi Christopher

Interesting project, keep us informed.
M Dv g. 381 Tauchvorschrift f

TopherVIIC

« Reply #272 on: 14 Nov , 2012, 14:02 »
Maciek,
I have indeed seen that one. I also found a listing of all of the M.Dv.
http://www.superborg.de/mdv001.htm

These might be useful:

M.Dv.Nr. 416/3 Geheim! Torpedo-Schie

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #273 on: 15 Nov , 2012, 00:38 »
oooh-ooooh! cool documents!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

TopherVIIC

« Reply #274 on: 15 Nov , 2012, 10:05 »
Rokket -
I agree entirely - I am thrilled with the prospect of romping through a field strewn with the bloom of primary sources!

As an artist, a Historian, and a Marine, I will never understand why a government chose to disseminate information using "Fraktur" typefaces.

They are fine for personalized calligraphy, for awards, and the like, but as pamphlet titles, and worse - sometimes as body copy - it is easy to degrade and difficult to read.

Just my artistic opinion... :-)

Christopher

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #275 on: 15 Nov , 2012, 11:18 »
Christopher, the M.Dv 847 would be very interesting to see, only the title :"Preliminary instruction for caretaking of the diesel engineplants on board ships, submarines and launches of the Navy" written in Gothic letters, what could be a better example of German naval bureaucracy. During the war I was a schoolboy in an occupied country, we normally had English as our 2ND.language to be taught from 4.grade on, howewer the germans changed that and German language became mandatory, including the learning of Gothic letters. It took a while before you could read it . A very interresting detail, the swastika is removed from the eagles wreath.
Tore
« Last Edit: 15 Nov , 2012, 11:22 by tore »

TopherVIIC

« Reply #276 on: 15 Nov , 2012, 12:01 »
Tore-
I studied German as an elective language in high school. In my studies the last several years I am picking up more and more of it, but without actually living there I shall never be fluent. I can reasonably read the Gothic type, and am getting better on German abbreviations. It has always amused me that nearly whole sentences in German can have so many abbreviations!

As I understand it it is pretty standard in the EU to remove swastikas from printed material available on-line, and showed to the general public. I understand in a way why this was done, but as a historian, I do not agree with it in its entirety. To study is not the same as to worship or to emulate! I would rather see people educated than information blacked out. Just my opinion. Your kilometers may vary!
Christopher

TopherVIIC

« Reply #277 on: 15 Nov , 2012, 12:40 »
This one might be interesting for modelers as well...
M.Dv.Nr. 260 Bekleidungs- und Anzugsbestimmungen f
« Last Edit: 15 Nov , 2012, 12:44 by TopherVIIC »

TopherVIIC

« Reply #278 on: 15 Nov , 2012, 13:51 »
Well, Gentlemen,
I have found a Motherload of docs that might be useful for us...

Kriegsmarine Dienstvorschriften:
M.Dv. 170/2 Merkbuch
« Last Edit: 15 Nov , 2012, 15:36 by TopherVIIC »

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #279 on: 15 Nov , 2012, 14:07 »
Thanks Christopher!

Perhaps U-1308 will get some ammunition soon ;) The crew been eager to test the 3.7 cm Flakzwilling M43U that they got last summer.

TopherVIIC

« Reply #280 on: 15 Nov , 2012, 14:15 »
Simon -
:-) Sehr g

TopherVIIC

« Reply #281 on: 10 Dec , 2012, 12:14 »
Good day Gents!
Here is a bit I have been working on as an addition to the drawings I am making for my projects. I have determined I need to upgrade and complete my drawings more before I do more modeling work on my cut-away.
There are collective errors that have crept in to the model to the point that I am seriously giving thought to  "Cut-away Mark III" All the work I have done so far has been good practice, and I have a list of "improvements" i want to incorporate.
This is the period of modeling that I loath - the part where you wonder if it is better to start over and make better, or retrofit a project that is going south...
Christopher (Updated the drawing to reflect Maciek's valve pic)
« Last Edit: 13 Dec , 2012, 11:36 by TopherVIIC »

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #282 on: 10 Dec , 2012, 12:27 »
 :(  I can understand why some people find the emblems used in the Third Reich offensive.  My Father, who is a Kriegsmarine Veteran has always concluded that Hitler and the Nazi were idiots even then. But I also feel it is doing the present generation a big disservice not allowing them  to see and even allowing them to make their own  judgements. Many young poeple (30 and younger) in Europe and the US don't even realize or care if there was a World War II. To them it is "ancient history" When I build a model of a German WWII subject, if I want a flag or marking on it, I put it on. It is "Historically accurate".  If they don't like it, don't look.

TopherVIIC

« Reply #283 on: 10 Dec , 2012, 12:31 »
:(  I can understand why some people find the emblems used in the Third Reich offensive.  My Father, who is a Kriegsmarine Veteran has always concluded that Hitler and the Nazi were idiots even then. But I also feel it is doing the present generation a big disservice not allowing them  to see and even allowing them to make their own  judgements. Many young poeple (30 and younger) in Europe and the US don't even realize or care if there was a World War II. To them it is "ancient history" When I build a model of a German WWII subject, if I want a flag or marking on it, I put it on. It is "Historically accurate".  If they don't like it, don't look.

I tend to agree with you on all aspects. :-)
Christopher

TopherVIIC

« Reply #284 on: 10 Dec , 2012, 21:04 »
Good evening gents -
I have added several hundred definitions to the Nomenklatur pages on my site if anyone finds them useful.
http://www.kabutographics.com/namen_a.html
and all of the other alphabet pages as well.
Christopher