Author Topic: 1/72 revell U-boat U-96 [start 23.may.2011]  (Read 21679 times)

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
Re: 1/72 revell U-boat U-96 [start 23.may.2011]
« Reply #45 on: 04 Sep , 2011, 12:34 »
hello guys,

long time no see, well i finally managed to find some more time for modeling again, here are newest results.
the hot knife you mentioned, how much surrounding area is affected by heat - from the melting point of view?

well as you can see form the images, i started to cutting out the side portions to accommodate interior sections. Im also switching the cut outs with resin clean up and skin stressing just in order not to get the build monotone, repeating same stuff all over again, and since there is alot of skin, resin and cut outs involved, that comes in handy  ;D
i also marked all of the lines with an alcohol based marker, these lines will later also be masked off in order to guide the CMKs saw and tamiya scriber (note one strip already applied)

note here the amount of resin scrap and pile of dust created only by few cuts. luckily i have my "gasmask" for these fine particles. Afterall, if we want to live long and build them all, we need to take care for our health  :)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #46 on: 10 Sep , 2011, 01:15 »
Nice, keep em coming
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #47 on: 11 Sep , 2011, 11:18 »
Hi Wink,

many thanks, i have just finished roughing out the segments, now its time to sand the edges to somewhat thinner, semi curved cross section so the hull will have some form, despite the panels have been cut out. Oh you might have noticed that CMK does not cover the whole interior, but since i am having one of those "what the heck am i doing" moments, i decided to scratch them, well most likely i will draw them out, and have them 3D-printed, tho i have to take the CMK's design so i will have a style match, and with a bit of luck, the rest will look as if CMK would produce them along with the rest sets. i just hope the design wont clash with the CMKs much..

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #48 on: 13 Sep , 2011, 16:19 »
Great on 3D printing. That's VERY ambitious, but shuld be fantastic! Drop Mike Keating a line, he was waiting for the never released last section and might be interested...

Standing by!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Pepper-mint

• Commander
  • U-1299
« Reply #49 on: 15 Sep , 2011, 23:08 »
Hi Marko

Awesome project ! Sticking on the evolution.

Cheers,

Pepper-M
On the W.bench :
Books, pics, drawings, styrene, dreams and :

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #50 on: 11 Oct , 2011, 00:53 »
Very, very nice build thus far Marko. 

Ernest