Author Topic: Iceonaboys type VIIC build 1.72  (Read 18281 times)

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
Iceonaboys type VIIC build 1.72
« on: 30 Apr , 2011, 13:08 »
I have started the build of the 1.72 type VIIC  :). Its in the early stages of oil canning at the moment but as promised, I will try and keep everyone posted on my progress . I hope for success, and maybe my boat can come at least close to some of the boats I have seen displayed on this forum. ;) Please give any tips and advice if you want. I would be very grateful to get all feedback and hopefully help along the way. I am sure its going to be a long, long build and I certainly wont be hurrying any part.
I have pictures and I have tried to post them, but I keep getting the message that the file is too large, even though I have resized the pictures >:( Sorry!

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
Re: Iceonaboys type VIIC build 1.72
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr , 2011, 14:36 »
Have you try uploading your pictures to Imageshack?

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr , 2011, 17:20 »
Who giving you the message saying file too large?

Imageshack has a option not to resize, also I know that using Imageshack you can you can use a Thumbnail. I used this option if the picture is large.

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #3 on: 01 May , 2011, 01:51 »
As soon as I hit post, a message appears saying error, your file is too large, max size is 150 kb. I cant understand it as I have never had problems uploading pictures to the web before and no one else seems to be having problems ???
« Last Edit: 01 May , 2011, 03:25 by iceonaboy »

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

bracco_n

« Reply #4 on: 01 May , 2011, 09:39 »
Which boat are you trying to portrait mate?

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #5 on: 01 May , 2011, 10:50 »
I have numerous pictures to show. My 1.72 VIIC, 1.144 VIIC/41 and my visit to the U 505 exhibit in Chicago. Its darned frustrating >:(

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

bracco_n

« Reply #6 on: 01 May , 2011, 12:00 »
I meant which boats are you recreating, which U-numerals

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #7 on: 01 May , 2011, 14:21 »
As soon as I hit post, a message appears saying error, your file is too large, max size is 150 kb. I cant understand it as I have never had problems uploading pictures to the web before and no one else seems to be having problems ???

From that I can see above, are you able to upload the picture to Imageshack first, before posting it in the forum?

The line of code from Imageshack for the forum should look something like "http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6039/new3d.jpg"

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #8 on: 01 May , 2011, 15:46 »
Sorry Bracco, didnt get you there, I havent really decided on which boat to do but I think U96 is my fave cos I got the decals from AMP . Dougie very kindly sent me instructions for uploading to photobucket. I tried that and they want money. I went for the free option and after waiting 10 minutes for my picture to upload I gave up. I am just gonna put it all down as a bad joke and give up trying to post  pictures. I have never had any trouble doing the same on any other web site so I dunno what the problem is. Sorry to have posted a thread about my build and now I cant follow up on it :(
« Last Edit: 02 May , 2011, 01:26 by iceonaboy »

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #9 on: 01 May , 2011, 16:04 »

Aha, thanks Dougie, it has worked. I was clicking additional options and searching on my computer for my pictures. I tried the insert image icon first and it wouldnt let me paste the url but photobucket has worked. You are indeed "the man" :D

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #10 on: 01 May , 2011, 16:15 »
Right, I am on a roll now ;) I visited the U505 exhibit in Chicago a couple of years ago and it was awesome unfortunately, its really dark in the room. I take it thats to stop people taking pics so you have to buy from them. I took a few anyway[/img]

« Last Edit: 02 May , 2011, 01:24 by iceonaboy »

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #11 on: 02 May , 2011, 10:52 »
Im gonna take my time with the 1.72 boats and I have a few 1.144 kits to practise on.
 I honestly cant believe the amount I have learned from this forum. I had never heard of blackwashing, filters, rust pigments, to name just a few. I would like to thank every one of you for the friendly, helpful advice and tips that have been selflessly given with no grudge whatsoever.
I made a mess of the first 1.144 build mainly with the blackwash "staining" as can be seen below

I have since learned a bit more about when to apply washes and over what coating, and I have now started another 1.144. This time a VIIC

A bit overzealous with the cutting of one of the floodholes. I`ll have to see if I can fix that somehow.

I will keep you all posted with this and the 1.72 kit if your interested. P

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #12 on: 02 May , 2011, 10:54 »
Oops! Musta hit post by mistake :-[ Was just saying if you want to comment or give advice, I would be really grateful, thanks guys ;)

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #13 on: 02 May , 2011, 14:19 »
Iceonaboy, did you take any pictures of the torpedoes displays at U-505? Would be keen to have a look.

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #14 on: 02 May , 2011, 16:20 »
This is all I got mate. It was really dark in the exhibit >:(. I think they must have done that deliberately , so that you have to buy the tourist pictures. I am a tight bugger ::), so I tried taking some of my own pictures. They are a bit dark , but you can still make out the beautiful lines of the boat

My ex posing, looking bored with it all. I was loving it!

Have you seen this?
http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/u-505/
« Last Edit: 03 May , 2011, 06:25 by iceonaboy »

Jawohl herr Kaleun!