Author Topic: Archer decals  (Read 2362 times)

gabriele

Archer decals
« on: 16 Mar , 2011, 06:42 »
I grapple with Archer art 88023,on my uboot 552 1/72 early version;the problem is,that i cannot understand well the pdf document attached kit Archer.There are two possibilities A,FIRST,scrape all the fine thin solderlings on the hull;practically those in light-blue in the pdf,to substitute intirely with the decalsa and add the pieces from C1 to C5:Moreover,i suggest to add  the pieces on the central and infgerior section.B, SECOND solution,leave the light-blue solderings in the pdf ,I mean the original one's of the kit,as on the hight section and put only the pieces from 1 to C5 and if you like,for the reason given above,add the pieces in central and the last in the inferior section.For the first solution,will be the decal in the kit enough ?
I apologize for my English, thanks and good luck to all...LEGIO XIII

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Archer decals
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar , 2011, 21:41 »
The Archer decal rivets and welds are excellent (I tested a review set), my only complaint is the price! Some of the welds are OPTIONAL, as there is not definite evidence they existed, just some shadows on photos.

The kit decal welds SHOULD be enough for what you are proposing, I think. I don't have the instructions but from memory, I believe it will work...

AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline goose814

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar , 2011, 12:52 »
I believe the Archer set is used for replacing those areas that are likely to be damaged due to the addition of aftermarket parts to the model. I don't think its purpose is to replace all the rivets and weld lines.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar , 2011, 02:23 »
True, but you can also add ones the kit doesn't have, both real and optional
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

gabriele

« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr , 2011, 00:56 »
thanks, I was losing hope you like the answers vs.I think to replace all the seals as there are.