Author Topic: Future AMP sets - updates for 144th and 72nd VIICs  (Read 4489 times)

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
Hello all,

Later in the year we plan to release the following update sets -

144th Type VIIC deck for Revell kit
Griffon have done an excellent PE set for this kit so we won't repeat what they have done. We intend to do an accurate PE deck and a few details (saddle tank vents and covers, bollard tops, and the vents near foreplanes and stern). Note this will be for the EARLY VIIC not the VIIC/41 version.

Vent holes set for 72nd Type VIIC and VIIC/41
We've been wanting to do this little set for a while. The popular Modelbrass set includes pieces for the vent holes aft of the foreplanes. The pattern on the Modelbrass piece is correct but the size (or more specifically the height) is not correct. We intend to produce pieces to correct this. There will also be similar pieces for the vents around the drive shafts. Saddle tank vents and covers (now that we know what they were like - thanks Simon!) will also be included. 

144th Type IIB update for ICM kit
The ICM kit is a gem, with a few nice builds already completed by AMP members. There a few areas that can be improved, which we hope to do with our set. Some of the parts will be similar to our 72nd update for the Special Navy IIA. We propose to do a PE main deck and - depending on PE specifications - a deck for the tower floor. We'll also do a plan, flag and decals.

If there are any PE parts you would like us to produce, now is the perfect time to suggest them. Wink and I would be happy to take on board suggestions.

Cheers,

Dougie
Accurate Model Parts

Offline Jan

• Lt Cdr
Re: Future AMP sets - updates for 144th and 72nd VIICs
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan , 2011, 11:54 »
Hi Dougie,

i`ve seen that most VIIs have those kind of stabilisers around the base of the foreplanes...those oval plates...

There is a nice example of them on one of Gooses photos:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/goose814/ph006.jpg

Because of the 3d-shape of the hull they are really hard to produce (i`ve tried several times  >:( )- but maybe that would be a nice challenge for you?

Cheers,
Jan

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan , 2011, 13:49 »
Hi Jan,

Good idea, we'll give those stabilisers a go. There are similar ones on the rear hull, where the prop supports meet the hull - we'll add these as well. Yes, the shape will make it tricky, it is a case of trying over and over until we get it right.

I've also just remembered the sacrificial anodes around the prop support, we'll add them too.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan , 2011, 14:10 »
Hi Dougie

Happy to supply you with any additional information you need for the Type VIIC and VIIC/41, (e.g. measurements, distances, placements, profile etc...) just let me know how I can help you.   

Offline Pepper-mint

• Commander
  • U-1299
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan , 2011, 18:41 »
GREAT NEWS Mates,

The aft torpedo hatch, in both scales, for the type 7 early and late version. If you think that we could have some of the inside parts...

My 2 cents  :)

And add one from each set on my next order !  ;D

Thanks !!!

cheers,
Pepper
« Last Edit: 29 Jan , 2011, 18:43 by Pepper-mint »
On the W.bench :
Books, pics, drawings, styrene, dreams and :

Offline Anakin

• Sir Submarine
  • Lt Cdr
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan , 2011, 10:49 »
Hi Dougie!

Since U are planning to produce a some kind of PE set for 7C / 7C41 i propose that there could be
parts witch could be used on different VII class boats. Perhaps S-ger

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan , 2011, 14:05 »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the ideas, always good to hear what people would like.

I agree that those parts would be good on a 144th set. Wink and I did most of them on the U-Brass set in 1/72nd. When WEM took over production of the U-Brass set, Wink and I agreed with WEM that we wouldn't do a mini-U-Brass set in 144th (even though we actually designed these parts the designs aren't ours any more). Obviously we will honour that agreement with WEM.   

I'll contact WEM about this to ask if they plan to do a mini-U-Brass set in 144th. I don't think they will go for it but I'll ask.

Cheers,

Dougie

PS Thanks Simon, you are helping everybody by sharing your research and drawings.

Offline Pat

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan , 2011, 21:33 »
One thing I'd really like would be the little squares and circles with the crosses on them to mark access to the air valves on the CT.

I can't afford a complete set of PE and so I'm forced to scratch-build most of my detailing.  Of necessity, I've gotten quite good at it but those squares and circles are beyond me.  I haven't yet come up with an idea how to make them.

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 03 Feb , 2011, 13:14 »
Hi Pat,

I've added squares and circles to the list. They're difficult to scratchbuild but straightforward to do in PE.

Anakin, I contacted WEM and they will allow us to use the U-Brass designs for our 144th VIIC and VIIC/41 set. I've always found WEM to be good guys, easy to work with and reputable. So there will be a sort of mini-U-Brass included in our set.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline conus00

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #9 on: 03 Feb , 2011, 22:48 »
Hi Dougie,
too bad I've heard the news about IIA upgrade too late (my build is almost finished) but I will be definitely looking forward any upgrades for VIIC/41. The kit is sitting in my stash.
I know that this is a little bit "off the subject" but one of the items for 1/144 IIA upgrade is going to be brass deck for the tower. Did you guys gave a thought expanding your SN 1/72 Type IIA with brass deck?
I am planning on purchasing one of those kits in very near future and while the kit is superb I'd like to see brass tower floor for the SN boat.
On the workbench:
Trumpeter 1/144 Type XXIII U-boat
ICM 1/144 Type IIb U-boat
ICM 1/144 Type XXIII U-boat
Revell 1/144 Type VIID U-boat
Minicraft 1/700 USS Ticonderoga CG-47
Collecting materials:
(scratchbuild) 1/144 Type XVII-B Walther U-bo

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 05 Feb , 2011, 16:28 »
Hello,

If we'd had more time we may have done the tower floor. I seem to recall thinking that the tower floor pattern on the Special Navy kit was broadly accurate and quite well done. The AMP set is sold out at the moment but we hope to have them back in stock at some point.

Cheers,

Dougie

bracco_n

« Reply #11 on: 10 Feb , 2011, 22:07 »
Dougie, one thing I'd like to see in the PE set is the command box for steering the boat, the one which was placed in the bridge (if it can be done).

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 12 Feb , 2011, 15:49 »
Hi Nicolas,

I'll look into the command box, just a question of whether it will turn out okay in PE.

Many thanks,

Dougie

Offline Anakin

• Sir Submarine
  • Lt Cdr
« Reply #13 on: 19 Mar , 2011, 07:34 »
One thing I'd really like would be the little squares and circles with the crosses on them to mark access to the air valves on the CT.

I can't afford a complete set of PE and so I'm forced to scratch-build most of my detailing.  Of necessity, I've gotten quite good at it but those squares and circles are beyond me.  I haven't yet come up with an idea how to make them.

I think this would be a good idea... Perhaps one sheet containing those hatches, grills, valves, bollards, ger

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jul , 2011, 12:54 »
Hi guys,

Not good news. We