Author Topic: Modelbrass problem  (Read 13029 times)

Gregor

Modelbrass problem
« on: 09 Jan , 2011, 11:33 »
Hello!

I am new to this forum!

I come from Slovenia (Ljubljana) and I started to build U-Boot 995.

Right at the beginning I already have a problem! A month ago I ordered Modelbrass Revell Type VII 1:72 Brass Upgrade Kits parts and I still have not received! I ordered 9/12/2010 ???
Therefore I appeal to you if you can help me! How long do you wait for the shipment?

Thank's Gregor

Offline Pat

• Captain
Re: Modelbrass problem
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan , 2011, 13:55 »
Since I build most of my aftermarket parts from scratch, I can't tell you how long to expect the wait from ModelBrass, but as it's been the Christmas Holiday season in the time since you've ordered and they might have been very busy, I'd reccommend patience.

You might try contacting them directly if it takes much longer.  Most times I've ordered things internationally, I expect about 6-8 weeks for delivery.  Not all of it is their fault as your own country's customs can often delay release of packages for a week or two.  Small personal shipments aren't a high priority for them.

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan , 2011, 14:10 »
Good point Pat, there could also be a delay due the must of the major airports being closed before the Xmas period.

Also welcome aboard.

TRM

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan , 2011, 14:49 »
Welcome Gregor!  Looking forward to seeing you build.  You definately came to the right spot!

As for the Modelbrass....(my experience only)

Expect a lengthy shipping time from Modelbrass.  They are located in the US as well as I and it took approximately 5 weeks to get my delivery.  I could assume from what Pat mentioned, about 6 to 8 weeks is correct if not a little longer.  You can try to contact them, however I tried and received no response.  My order still arrived a week and a half later just the same.  It is a nice product, worth the wait.  Try and be patient I guess.  Wish I could be help.

Regards,

T

Gregor

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan , 2011, 11:58 »
Thanks guys for a great reception and thank you for quick answers!

I have the privilege to speak with you all! Thanks again!

I'm patient! And I tried to contact but failed! :-\

Gregor

Offline Jan

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan , 2011, 12:11 »
Hi Gregor, welcome!

Don`t worry - my modelbrass set took a long till it arrived me, too. But it did arrive me.  ;)

And as TRM already posted, it is worth waiting for.

Offline Pepper-mint

• Commander
  • U-1299
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan , 2011, 02:19 »
Hello Gregor,

Welcome aboard !

...I'm patient!...
Gregor

This helps a lot with some -high quality aftermarkets- dealer ;)

Cheers,
Pepper-M
On the W.bench :
Books, pics, drawings, styrene, dreams and :

Gregor

« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb , 2011, 14:44 »
Still nothing from Modelbrass!  ???  Is beginning to worry me.....

Gregor

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #8 on: 03 Feb , 2011, 03:34 »
I wouldn't get too worried yet, still semi early days...how did your last contact fail? Maybe we can try something...
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Gregor

« Reply #9 on: 03 Feb , 2011, 05:04 »
I wouldn't get too worried yet, still semi early days...how did your last contact fail? Maybe we can try something...

Soon it will be two months! Last contact by mail and this has been rejected mail address .... That is all I've managed to achieve!

What can we try?

I ordered through AMP GERMAN FLAG and entangled a week ago and that from Australia as you well know! Thanks

Therefore, it is not clear to me why such a long time? Do not know where the problem!

Gregor

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: 04 Feb , 2011, 04:12 »
I don't know if we'll have any luck, but I have emailed with a query about your order.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: 04 Feb , 2011, 04:16 »
got a bounce back almost instantly. It doesn't necessarily mean the worst, but....I will see what other avenues we can pursue

Gregor

« Reply #12 on: 04 Feb , 2011, 04:37 »
Thank you for your efforts! I respect you because you want to help! Thanks again!

Even too me is immediately returned mail as the recipient does not recognize!

Gregor

sedgar2

« Reply #13 on: 05 Feb , 2011, 06:40 »
I also tried to purchase the PE from ModelBrass, going so far as to sent payment via papal. I called a few days later and spoke to Jay. Jay refunded my payment and said it would be some time before he had any more. I wonder if there is another source for the PE that has the bow and stern lower flood grates?

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #14 on: 13 Mar , 2011, 13:20 »
I went onto their site and ordered the PE set too and after they had taken my money, I got a message saying that it would be June before they had any sets ready, then Im gonna have to put up with delivery delays after that. >:( I am not sure if anyone else does the sets , but according to Glenn Cauley, who knows a hell of a lot more than me about it, Modelbrass are the only ones who make a kit with the lower hull flood holes . Its a real shame cos they are fiddly little f :o s!

Jawohl herr Kaleun!