Author Topic: Turm IV conning tower flood holes  (Read 2087 times)

Offline FoxbaT

• Lt Cdr
Turm IV conning tower flood holes
« on: 07 Nov , 2010, 08:25 »
I have a question about the small floodholes on the conningtower as shown on the pic; i think the distance between those holes is too small in the kit, if i look at pics from the U995 the holes seems a bit different from shape en the distance between them is larger.

Does anyone have a good pic from these holes so i can correct them?

Hope someone can help me, i don`t know if these floodholes on the real U995 are accurate?

Thanks in advance...

Karel

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
Re: Turm IV conning tower flood holes
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov , 2010, 19:32 »
Karel, I could not found any original pictures of U-995 that you could see the flooding vents clearly in. However, I am sure there was no standard pattern of flooding vents for this Turm as every boat yard used a different pattern.

We can deduction that the spacing of the flooding vents are expected to be in groups of 500 mm as the internal framing was space every 500 mm. So you could go for two small vents every 500 mm, or one middle size vent every 500 mm.

I would go for 1 flooding vents per frame. So at 1:72 they are every 6.9 mm and the size are (100x60mm) so at 1:72 1.3x0.9mm. This is what I did for my drawing. You can see that I am talking about in my drawing below.

Simon

« Last Edit: 08 Nov , 2010, 20:26 by NZSnowman »

Offline FoxbaT

• Lt Cdr
Re: Turm IV conning tower flood holes
« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov , 2010, 19:59 »
Simon, i will use your drawing and some pics from the U995 as a reference, many thanks!

Karel