Author Topic: New Type IX Kits Coming From Tehnoart  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Capn Tucker

• Ensign
New Type IX Kits Coming From Tehnoart
« on: 16 Dec , 2015, 09:14 »
Hi all,

I have been in contact with Dimitrij over at Tehnoart about whether they plan to release anything else Type IX related, and have a lot of good news! They will be releasing a complete Turm II kit in 2016. They will also release a keel replacement part to go along with it, so no one will have to do all that work getting rid of the Balkon Gerät.
So those of you wanting to build an early U-505 (or any other mid-war IXC) will be in hog heaven. And, wait for it... Some time after release of the Turm II kit, they will be offering a Turm I kit! This will include a photo-etch replacement for the deck. But wait, that's not all. Also sometime next year, they will be offering a Turm III kit. This is basically the tower from their U-525 kit, which has the separate Askania compass housing.
With the release of all this, it should be possible to build virtually any Type IXC or C/40 boat. Now all we need is for Revell to release a Type IXB.
Some stuff you can get right now. I've already ordered most of the parts for the Turm III tower, deck section with life raft canisters, and the torpedo tubes and torpedoes that came with their discontinued U-525 kit. Good times, good times..  :)

« Last Edit: 16 Dec , 2015, 09:23 by Capn Tucker »

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
Re: New Type IX Kits Coming From Tehnoart
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec , 2015, 09:42 »
Woot woot!!!   

;D
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline OldNoob

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec , 2015, 12:32 »
Very cool!  now i can build an IXb!

Offline Capn Tucker

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec , 2015, 22:29 »
Very cool!  now i can build an IXb!

Well, it would be very close. IXCs were slightly longer, but not by much (.26 meters). And a third periscope would have to be added. But I don't think anyone visiting you would say: "That's not a IXB! I can't believe you're trying to pass off a IXC as one!"  ;D I know I'll be building the U-106 just as soon as I can get my hands on the Turm I kit. It will be "close enough for government work", as we used to say in the Navy.. :P
« Last Edit: 17 Dec , 2015, 22:36 by Capn Tucker »

Offline DerXL

• Ensign
    • My personal website
« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec , 2015, 12:07 »
Interesting news. Thank you for spotting this.

Ever since reading UiF no. 9 I'd like to build U-509, but the kits released by Revell of the IXC don't match this particular boat. I need a Turm I (or II, I'm not quite sure) for that.
So good news from Tehnoart.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axel

Offline Capn Tucker

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec , 2015, 13:22 »
Interesting news. Thank you for spotting this.

Ever since reading UiF no. 9 I'd like to build U-509, but the kits released by Revell of the IXC don't match this particular boat. I need a Turm I (or II, I'm not quite sure) for that.
So good news from Tehnoart.
I was just re-reading that issue, and I believe you will need the Turm I kit. The 509 is tempting with all those diagonal stripes.There are so many cool boats that will soon be possible to build, I can see an entire bedroom being taken over. Gonna need lots more shelving, that's for sure..

« Last Edit: 19 Dec , 2015, 13:37 by Capn Tucker »

Offline U-boater

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan , 2016, 06:53 »
This is indeed, great news!  ;D  Thanks for the info, Capn Tucker!

Offline Capn Tucker

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jan , 2016, 11:05 »
This is indeed, great news!  ;D  Thanks for the info, Capn Tucker!

No prob. I thought this might get a few peoples' attention.  ;D  I just got a box of goodies from Tehnoart a few days ago. Turm III tower w/all fittings, life raft canisters, torpedoes, 20mm gun shields, and an Askania compass housing.  The housing is made of metal like most of their dress-up parts.
They even threw in a FuMO 29 fixed radar, wasn't expecting that.  I am very pleased with my dealings with Tehnoart!
« Last Edit: 15 Jan , 2016, 11:22 by Capn Tucker »