Author Topic: Exaust piping on Typ VIIc  (Read 1495 times)

Offline David83

• Lieutenant (jg)
Exaust piping on Typ VIIc
« on: 30 Mar , 2015, 13:58 »
Dear All
Some of you are wondering why i am posting some questions ,i am building the Hachette U96  1:48 Scale submarine .
But i will not build it the normal way i will build it with full pressure hull and all of the piping on it .

Therefore i have some questions and i will need your help ,because if i know something than the most knowledge about subs i will find here in this forum . :) :)

Sorry now NZ snowman for using here your great 3D drawings .( i hope you are not angry with me )
i wanted to ask this piping which i have marked in red as i understand are the exaust piping and will fit with the snorkel of Typ VII c/41 ,does anyone know
how this piping has to go on the normal Typ VIIC without snorkel .?
i am not sure its there but with an other routing or its complete not there on normal Typ VIIc boats .

i have tryed to figure out how it has to go but as of now its not clear for me  .

Maybe anyone can help me out

Thanks again

wbr David

Offline SnakeDoc

• Admiral
    • Torpedo Vorhaltrechner Project
Re: Exaust piping on Typ VIIc
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar , 2015, 14:51 »
Hi David,

the 'red' piping is in fact the piping, which exists on the U-boats with and without snorkel. It is piping, which connects the main exhaust trunks with the exhaust blowing manifold (located over the control room, at stb). The exhaust blowing manifold is the valve-box, which distributes exhaust gases to the particular ballast tanks.
See this drawing:
http://www.ubootwaffe.pl/images/okrety/wyposazenie/chrapy/chrapy_02_rys_01.jpg
red - main diesel induction trunk
blue - intake and exhaust of the ventilation system
green - the piping which lead the exhaust gases from main exhaust to the exhaust blowing manifold
brown - blowing pipes, which distributes the exhaust gases from blowing manifold to the ballast tanks

--
Regards
Maciek

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar , 2015, 18:05 »
Hi David

No worry about using my drawings, that what they are for, to be use by other people for research, model making, etc...

I noted you have an older version of my drawing, here the most current version. Look like most of the changes are around the Exhaust system. Tore & I spend a bit of time on this last year.

Just remember that my drawing is of U-1308, the last Type VIIC/41, so there going to be lot of little differences between this boat and the other Type VIIC.

13MB PDF - https://www.mediafire.com/?hidh8dhnyh30plc

Offline David83

• Lieutenant (jg)
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr , 2015, 03:20 »
Hi all
Fantastic great help any many thanks to all .
Nz Snowman thanks for providing me the new drawings ,i will work with them to build my model, may i will have some more questions
which can be easy answerd by the People here .

thanks again to all

wbr David