Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2334 times)

maxfax

Hello!
« on: 01 Jun , 2011, 13:03 »
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and very new to ships/subs. I started back into modelling about 3 years ago, around 28 years after I built my last model as a kid. I have been only building aircraft (1/48 and 1/32) as well as armour (1/35), and post on FSM. About two weeks ago, I somehow came across a build log of a 1/72 Type VIIC u-boat on the internet, and was totally amazed, as well as hooked. I found this site and I am impressed with the high quality, detailed work that is being done. I have since bought a Revell 1/72 VIIIC on EBay, as well as the Eduard PE set, one of the WEM PE sets, as well as the Command and Torpedo Section Modules. I got the sub yesterday, but due to an impending Canada Post strike, I might not get the other parts for a long time. I plan on building the 552 sub, mainly because I like the decals, and that there are a number of build logs to follow. I don't know if I'll post many/any WIP pics- the ones already posted are so good I don't think I can meet those standards, but I'll probably have lots of questions.

Thanks!

Rob

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun , 2011, 07:28 »
welcome to the site. dont let other peoples builds weigh on whether or not you will post pics of your work. im no where near where some are but by posting pics of your build we can better comment on what your doing. so post away we all like seeing what others do.

Offline iceonaboy

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jun , 2011, 11:24 »
Hi Max, welcome to the forum. You have certainly come to the right place. I have had lots and lots of help from friendly modellers who are only too happy to share their secrets. I have not long started my VIIC  build and the experience on this forum is extremely helpful. Dont be worried about posting w.i.p. pics, cos everyone here will help with advice. I have been away from modelling for a long time, and since joing this forum, Ive learned so , so much. Happy modelling and keep us posted ;)

Jawohl herr Kaleun!

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun , 2011, 13:20 »
Welcome aboard!

maxfax

« Reply #4 on: 05 Jun , 2011, 13:49 »
Thanks for the welcome! The postal strike is on in Canada, so my AM parts will be delayed, but there appears to be many hours of basic prep that I will need to do (opening flood holes, oil canning the hull, etc). I'll swallow my pride and post pics when I can.

Rob

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun , 2011, 14:23 »
Hi Max,

don't worry, my modelling skills aren't high too, yet the point of modelling is having fun. Don't forget that, so as long as you build models for fun, however they will be completed, there is everything allright with you :D

in fact, i spotted recently one aircraft build thread, where guy did nothing more than added glue, paint with paintbrush straight from the paint can, and he had most fun while doing it. reminded me when i did my very first plastic model roughly 17 years ago. it was the legendary Christmas present matchbox f-117
and these kind of memories got me so far that i even e-bayed one for double price  :)

and yes, i saw that those prep works do take alot of time, so i could even begin sooner

hit us with some pics when you will have an update  ;D
regards,
Marko